Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Grouping by Issue Age

Level 2

I would like to create a report that displays the number of issues within six different groups based on the age of the issue. I want to group the issues by Age for 0-15 Days, 16-30, 31-60, 61-90, and 90+ Days. Age is a default field for Issues but I am needing help on how to group the issues into ranges and use Age on the X-Axis of a bar chart. My end goal is to have a chart like the photo below, but instead of Status, it would show the count for the various Issue Age ranges. If this is possible, I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

Tgore08_0-1687379379479.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think you're going to be able to get this in a chart form. If you need it there, it's best if you pull it out using powerBI or Tableau or good old Excel.

In terms of setting up a grouping, here's some sample code you can use just to get a feel for syntax -- I'll leave it as an exercise to you to complete it (I got 3 deep and then got bored with all the parentheses). This would get you a grouping, and it would work as long as your report kept to one page. But there's not a nice way to get this into a chart, as far as I know.

group.0.name=Age
group.0.valueexpression=IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<16,"0-15",IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<31,"16-30",IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<46,"30-45","+45")))
group.0.valueformat=HTML
textmode=true

--------------------------------

If you liked my post, please like my ideas at
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17528599/contributions...

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think you're going to be able to get this in a chart form. If you need it there, it's best if you pull it out using powerBI or Tableau or good old Excel.

In terms of setting up a grouping, here's some sample code you can use just to get a feel for syntax -- I'll leave it as an exercise to you to complete it (I got 3 deep and then got bored with all the parentheses). This would get you a grouping, and it would work as long as your report kept to one page. But there's not a nice way to get this into a chart, as far as I know.

group.0.name=Age
group.0.valueexpression=IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<16,"0-15",IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<31,"16-30",IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<46,"30-45","+45")))
group.0.valueformat=HTML
textmode=true

If you liked my post, please like my ideas at
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17528599/contributions...

Level 2

Thank you! Would this text work in a custom field? Then I could create a grouping by the value in the calculated field and maybe be able to use that in a chart?

Community Advisor

while I'm sure this is something a lot of us would quite like, the sad truth is that custom fields "often" only update when the custom form is resaved and the custom field is recalculated. All that to say you can certainly TRY to make this a calculated field, but please don't be surprised if it doesn't update itself the next day. (there are certainly exceptions, ... but in general I try to prepare my users for the opposite, so they don't have too high of an expectation that this is something that would happen all the time)

Then there are certainly ways around that, like maybe an automation, or maybe someone just recalculates the field every day... but in general it's not as wonderful as something that just happens by itself.

Level 10

Thanks for sharing Skye, I tried this below;

group.0.name=Age
group.0.valueexpression=IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<16,"0-15",IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<31,"16-30",IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<46,"30-45",IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<90,"46-90", IF(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY,{entryDate}))<120,"69-120","+120")))))
group.0.valueformat=HTML
textmode=true

It works quite well, however the sorting is not as ascending / descending order, any idea to resolve this. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Kundanism,

Sorting the view in your report by Entry Date (asc or desc) should then force the groupings follow accordingly.

Regards,

Doug

Completely understandable @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore 

Any way to do it automatically, once report is run?

regards,

kundan

Yes @Kundanism,

To ensure the report automatically sorts when it runs, I would edit the report, click the Entry Date column, and set it as the first sorted column, then save the report.

Regards,

Doug