Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Group Manager Timesheet

Level 2

Is it possible to have a Group Manager's timesheet populate with all of the projects and tasks that are assigned to individuals in her group? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ah, I see. We have something similar for our Art Director where she is consulting/reviewing but not actually assigned to design tasks, therefore the projects wouldn't show in her timesheet. What we did to resolve this was to add a task assigned to her in our project templates as the final task that would be used in any creative project (we have various project templates based on project type, and we know which templates would touch her team and which wouldn't). Added this 'Art Director Time Tracking' task to each of those templates, assigned to her, as the final task with a 0-day duration.

This allows her to log her own time on these projects for her review time and has all projects her team has assignments in to show in her timesheet.

Let me know if this helps!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, is the goal for the manager to simply see her team's timesheets in 1 place? If so, you don't need for them to literally populate in her own timesheet, but rather on the timesheets page - https://micron.my.workfront.com/timesheets - you can create a filter to share with her that she can use that pulls in the timesheets of anyone on her team/in her group, and can create a grouping by name or role...

Level 2

Thanks for the response, Madalyn! She actually would like any project that is assigned to anyone on her team to populate on her timesheet. This way, she can quickly add her time to projects that she is not assigned to but consults on. Thoughts on that? Thank you!!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ah, I see. We have something similar for our Art Director where she is consulting/reviewing but not actually assigned to design tasks, therefore the projects wouldn't show in her timesheet. What we did to resolve this was to add a task assigned to her in our project templates as the final task that would be used in any creative project (we have various project templates based on project type, and we know which templates would touch her team and which wouldn't). Added this 'Art Director Time Tracking' task to each of those templates, assigned to her, as the final task with a 0-day duration.

This allows her to log her own time on these projects for her review time and has all projects her team has assignments in to show in her timesheet.

Let me know if this helps!

Level 2

Oh that's actually a brilliant solve! Bless your soul  Thank you!

Community Advisor

Hooray! Good luck!

We do this for our PMs too as they are on a project PM'ing it but don't necessarily have a task assigned to them. So we have two - a 'PM Time Tracking' task and an 'Art Director Time Tracking' task in our templates. The templates have the PM one assigned to the team called Studio PM in our instance, and when the PM is creating/refining a project, they assign that one to the correct PM managing the specific project (since they divvy projects among the 3 of them).