Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Get more information about a user from a typeahead custom field.

Level 1

I do NOT have fusion, so I'm trying to find a solution that does not utilize fusion. 

I have a team of three people that oversee evaluations/observations for another team of trainers in my department. I want them to be able to see a report of which trainers need to be observed, the trainer's manager, when they were last observed, etc. 

I've tried a few different things. I had custom fields for "Assigned Observer," "Observation Date" that were attached to the user. I was able to edit the report that I created freely, but the three observers were not. I assume this is because I was technically editing the user which is part of my access as a subgroup admin.

So my next attempt, which I liked a little more, but ran into issues was to create a project "2024 Observations." I created a custom field for tasks that was "Trainer" and it was a USER typeahead field. I then added it to the view for the tasks. So then the task list on the project is a list of the trainers that need to be evaluated. My issue is that I want to pull a bit more information about that user and I would prefer it to be automatic. I thought about adding a column, and then in that column having it pull information about the user that was put in the typeahead field. This is where I'm running into issues. The only information I can see is the Name and ID of the user that was put into that typeahead field. Is there any way, WITHOUT fusion, that I can get the user's manager and home team? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@MartieS Typeahead fields are a bit tricky when using them in reporting. To see the Trainer's Manager Name and Home Team in your task list view, you can use the following: 

displayname=Trainer Home Team
textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Trainer:homeTeam.name}
valueformat=HTML
displayname=Trainer Manager
textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Trainer:manager.name}
valueformat=HTML

Keep in mind this is based on your custom field being labeled "Trainer" so if that is not the exact label, you'll need to update it in your valueexpression line. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@MartieS Typeahead fields are a bit tricky when using them in reporting. To see the Trainer's Manager Name and Home Team in your task list view, you can use the following: 

displayname=Trainer Home Team
textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Trainer:homeTeam.name}
valueformat=HTML
displayname=Trainer Manager
textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Trainer:manager.name}
valueformat=HTML

Keep in mind this is based on your custom field being labeled "Trainer" so if that is not the exact label, you'll need to update it in your valueexpression line.