Expand my Community achievements bar.

Get a report of people on a project

Level 4

Hello, 

This has been an on going ask that I just cannot seem to figure out. 

I am looking for a report that shows the number of projects a group of people are on grouped by the person. 

So here is the example: 

- Filter: A report that shows all the projects that have either a certain list of users OR only people who have a role tied to their name. This part is easy. 

- Grouped: We would like this grouped by the specific individuals who meet the criteria in the filter above. 

The problem that I historically have had with Workfront is a way to NOT SHOW task level information (so cannot be an assignment report), and just get a clean list of projects a select group of people work on. I know this is the Workload balancer, but we need it in a report.  

Is there anything out there like this? 

Thanks in advance

Tim 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, the People tab of a project = Project Users in a project report. So you if you're targeting certain users, you could use this filter in a project report:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1726580935263.png

Just note that the People tab may include people not even assigned to a task in the project - would include the owner, sponsor if there is one, someone who used to be on a task and is no longer (people tab isn't dynamic which drives me crazy), or someone who was on a template used for the project but really has nothing to do with it anymore. But this could be a starting point for you!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Thanks Madalyn! 

The thing here, is the grouping. That report helps get the list of projects, but then I need to group by the individuals we are trying to assess, which is where it breaks. 

Community Advisor

What about using the workload balancer > assigned work section to see this? You can have a filter to only look at certain users/teams, select your timeframe, then you can easily see how many projects those users have on their plate in that timeframe natively...? When you expand each user in the balancer after applying your user filter/timeframe, you can see how many projects they have tasks in. Best I can think of at the moment, would be hard to do what you're looking for in a report.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Timothy

the short answer is: you can't.

The reason is that WF reports return each object/row once. In your case you go from 

1 or more users -> the projects they're on -> grouping by user

this means that a project on which bother users A and B participate would need to be listed twice, under each user grouping. WF reporting doesn't allow for that. 

You can only group by project and get a list of users OR, you use Fusion to do the data gymnastic by getting a user's workItems and the workItem projects, then deduplicating.