Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Fusion 2.0 How to find the culprit of an error in the Queue waiting to be processed?

Level 10

Hi all,

I have a scenario that copies a value from a Job Number field to the project name as a prefix. Occasionally someone will create and then immediately delete a project which causes several of my scenarios to throw an error.

Your scenario PROJ-Add Job Number to Project Name v2.0 | Production has encountered an error.

• [404] null with primary key value(s) "631f7d7d000ec1d6d1b3b946b711ad83" not found

I can go to the scenario and see the error:

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 5.10.14 pm.png

Now I need to delete that entry from the queue so it won't try to run again.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 4.57.52 pm.png

When I open the queue, I'm presented with sometimes hundreds of entries

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 4.47.19 pm.png

The only way I know to try and find the object GUID from the error is to select "Detail" from each of hundreds of entries until I find the right one to delete. Only then can I turn my scenario back on.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 4.59.36 pm.png

Is this the only way to do this? It seems like someone has most likely thought about this before. This takes hours for each error I get and if I can't get to the error quickly it could build up to over a thousand queue entries. I can't spend around one minute looking through each one, that would be up to 16 hours just to find a bad entry. Isn't there some kind of search function available?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I agree error handlers leave room for improvement.  That said, I think I'm doing what you're describing.

I have an error handler that comes off of the operation that failed - then it branches using a router and filters to split directions.

Jason_JB_0-1663161020143.png

Jason_JB_1-1663161031875.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 5

Hi Randy, if you go to your incomplete executions tab (in the screen shot below - to the right of Diagram) it will show you which one errored.  You can click the check box next to that line and select delete in the upper right corner.  If you want to view the details of the one that failed, you can do that by clicking details to the right of that line. Ours normally don't continue to attempt once it has errored more than a couple times (not sure if that's a setting), maybe somone has info on that.

Stacey_Robertson_0-1663021458918.png

Administrator

Hey @RandyRoberts Thanks for your post regarding this. I confirmed with an internal SME that the functionality you requested does not exist in Fusion at this time. Would you like me to reposition this ask as an idea?

That way, it opens up the discussion for others to provide their own suggestions, and enables it to be put into consideration for future roadmap improvements. 

Level 6

I hadn’t thought of deleting the offending entry from the queue, but I really like it. 

The way I’ve been working through issues like this is to add an error handler that filters for the error message related to the missing object and then ignoring it. The scenario then completes as successful. Sometimes We also add an action to create an issue in a queue for our admins to investigate further. This way it doesn’t block everything else. Many times I just ignore the resulting issues, but it lets me track if some new trend has come up. 

Level 10

I like the idea of creating an admin issue. I will do that with some of my scenarios.

Unfortunately, the error handlers are not very robust, it's either ignore everything or nothing.

It would be great if I could ignore missing target objects but report on everything else, like locked target objects, timeouts, date loops and paradoxes, etc.

Correct answer by
Level 6

I agree error handlers leave room for improvement.  That said, I think I'm doing what you're describing.

I have an error handler that comes off of the operation that failed - then it branches using a router and filters to split directions.

Jason_JB_0-1663161020143.png

Jason_JB_1-1663161031875.png

Employee

I love the use of the router in the error handling Jason.  I don't feel like I've seen that before.  Genius!