Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Filter with multiple "Owner/First name" excluded

Level 2

I try to create a report where I filter off a few names. Please se attached where I want to filter off the names containing traffic or unassigned, but it seems like they keep appearing… And I did try to type it with first letter as a capital as well with the same result.WF-Filter.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Looking into your various suggestions I found the solution I wanted:

AND:0:owner:firstName=Traffic
AND:0:owner:firstName_Mod=cinotcontains
AND:1:owner:firstName=Unassigned
AND:1:owner:firstName_Mod=cinotcontains

Thank you for your input on this

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 7

explanation is fairly simple.

Traffic does not contain Unassigned >> so it's in the report

Unassigned does not contain Traffic >> so it's in the report

I would look for some other field that could be used to filter out both users at once. Alternatively maybe exist filters could help, but I'm not an expert in this area

Level 10

Just use an "AND" instead of an "OR".

There really should be a "NOR" but no coding language has that. What "nor" really means is "and not". But since the "not" part is covered in the "does not contain" part, you only need the "and".

Level 2

I started out with using AND instead of OR, but it only takes one of the parameters and when I edit the report afterwards there is only one parameter left. I could probable filter it differently and get the result that I seek for now, but for future reports I am afraid I will miss information I need if can't filter off multiple names

Level 2

I found a solution. If I add two prompts for the report (owner/first name on both) I can filter them out.

Nice workaround @JoachimFH,

I suspect that means the (duplicate) prompts are processed one after the other, "reducing" to your desired data set.

If you'd prefer to NOT have to do the duplicate prompt trick, I invite you to consider this textmode, which allows more than one criteria to be set against the same underlying field (and works similarly for OR):

AND:0:firstName=unassigned
AND:0:firstName_Mod=cinotcontains
AND:1:firstName=traffic
AND:1:firstName_Mod=cinotcontains

Regards,

Doug 

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use

Community Advisor

Hi there, I'd think using AND instead of OR here would work. Instead of 'first name' as you have, try 'assignmentusersMM' to take into account all people assigned to a task. And in text mode can stack them with any other filters you have (I'm using 0 and 1 here but if you already have others you'd change these numbers accordingly).

AND:0:assignmentsUsersMM:name=traffic
AND:0:assignmentsUsersMM:name_Mod=cinotcontains

AND:1:assignmentsUsersMM:name=unassigned
AND:1:assignmentsUsersMM:name_Mod=cinotcontains

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Correct answer by
Level 2

Looking into your various suggestions I found the solution I wanted:

AND:0:owner:firstName=Traffic
AND:0:owner:firstName_Mod=cinotcontains
AND:1:owner:firstName=Unassigned
AND:1:owner:firstName_Mod=cinotcontains

Thank you for your input on this