Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Does anyone have experience pairing Workfront with Email generating ?

Level 3

We have a department that is asking for Workfront to generate emails to be sent to employees (email address in a field on the custom form) based on a task being activated in the timeline. Does anyone have any experience doing/attempting anything like this that would be willing to share their findings? Any information is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

In our instance we basically disabled all Out-Of-the-box notifications in WF and are sending our own comms using Fusion. We customly defined triggers, emails templates (with branding), etc. This is a huge lift for which we used professional services, but once you have structure in place, adding another email notification is "easy" and can be done independently with some knowledge about Fusion. 
Effort will also depend on if/how many dynamic fields you would like to have in the email.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

In our instance we basically disabled all Out-Of-the-box notifications in WF and are sending our own comms using Fusion. We customly defined triggers, emails templates (with branding), etc. This is a huge lift for which we used professional services, but once you have structure in place, adding another email notification is "easy" and can be done independently with some knowledge about Fusion. 
Effort will also depend on if/how many dynamic fields you would like to have in the email.

Community Advisor

Hi there, what are you considered as the action of a 'task being activated in the timeline'? When a task is ready to start? There is a native email notification (from Setup) you could use of an email goes to the task assignees when predecessors of a task assigned to them is completed. Of if you mean when a project they're on (own, have a task assigned to, etc.) is turned active/current, they get an email too. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

What we are being asked to do is send an email to an outside email address. That email address will be provided in a field on the custom form. Then when a specific task is activated they want it to send an prewritten email to the address they provided on the form. We do have Fusion and are hoping there is a way to set it up to send the email when the template task becomes activated. I'm looking to see if anyone has any experience with that setup and if there is anything I should look out for, or reasons why this may not be a good idea.

Community Advisor

Yikes, I don't know if I can help you on that one! I don't think that's natively possible in WF, but maybe with Fusion!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 7

By task activation do you mean task status is updated to "in progress"?

if yes, than certainly you can use that as trigger for Fusion, also sending email to any email address that users will input on a task level in custom form shouldn't be a problem. We have similar solution for following use case:

• submitted request turns out to be out of scope of the Creative team using Workfront.
  • Team would like to forward all the details of the ask to some email address, understood as intake channel for another team to work on the ask
  • other team doesn't use Workfront, so all details are being compailed into an form and send to an email address provided by the user.

Rafal_Bainie_1-1674743947779.png