Expand my Community achievements bar.

Filter on Assignment Users Teams (not just Home Team)

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

Is there a way to create a report filter for Assignment Users Teams? I know you can do this on Assignment Users Home Team ID, but we don't want to filter just on someone's home team, but rather any team they belong to.

Curious if there's a way to do this?

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Level 10

Hei NIck, I think you can try with User based report, there you can get direct option for Users Team.

Mvh

Kundan

Level 10

Thanks for the idea, Kundan. The limitation with this approach is that I can't display task field data in my report :(.

Level 1

Nick, you would need to do this through an EXISTS filter. Tony Messam does a great LEAP presentation that discusses what EXISTS filters are. You should go check it out! Anyways, this is the filter that you need.

EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=TEAMMB

EXISTS:A:teamID=$$USER.teamIDs

EXISTS:A:userID=FIELD:assignedToID

Employee

Speaking of that presentation - Tony's doing a Q&A about that EXACT Leap session on Thursday! You can see the full schedule here. So watch the session, then on Thursday come back to the community and comment on his post after he get it's up to ask him questions!

Community Advisor

I remember seeing @Pamela Miller‚ & @Anthony Imgrund‚ having a similar conversation a couple months ago. Wanted to flag Jason's and Kyna's responses above highlighting EXISTS filters and Tony's Q&A session tomorrow!

Level 10

Hi - Try this (but obviously with the name of the team you want and remember it is case sensitive)

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=USER

EXISTS:a:ID=FIELD:assignedToID

EXISTS:a:teams:name=FCB CHI: Brand - Cox Residential

Level 10

Oh... just realized, I did this on an Assignment Report, not a task report so I could use the assignedToID field. Not sure if this will work on a task report for assignment users.

Employee

The Q&A with Tony is now available if you guys have any questions! Check it out here.

Level 10

Thanks everyone for the responses. Super helpful having an active crowd.

I should clarify my request: I have a task report, whereby as part of my filtering, I want to see tasks that are assigned to individuals who belong to the same teams as the person viewing the report (the logged in user...$$$USER.teamID), regardless of whether the assignees are the primary or secondary assignees.

Jason Webre, thanks for the suggestion. I tried that in my task report and this seems to pull in tasks where the tasks' primary assignee (assigned to) belongs to a team that the logged in user for the report belongs to; which is good. However, if a task is assigned to a user that belongs to the report's logged in user's team(s), but the task assignee isn't the primary assignee, the task doesn't get pulled into the report; which is an issue. Basically what I'm saying is that the code you provided requires that task assignees have to be the primary assignee for the report to show tasks that are assigned to users belonging to the same teams as the logged in user (for the report). Wondering if there's a way around this?

Anthony - my initial request was likely what lead you down the wrong path. I need to leave the team(s) filter open to any team an assignee belongs to that matches the teams the report's logged in user belongs to.

Community Advisor

Sounds like you need to make one tweak to the code Jason provided, but I don't think the ID you're looking for exists. Ideally it would be instead of matching the assigned To ID to user ID you need to match user ID with assignments user ID.

Could you do an assignment report instead of a task report so you could then filter how you wish?

Level 2

Hi,

Is there a way to report on Teams that have no members and assignments? Just want to get rid of redundant teams in my instance.

Thanks

Hi Ashutosh,

Yes, that with happens to be one of the Business Rules (specifically, "1101 This Team is not attached to anything"; similar to "1102 Few things are attached to this Team") covered by our Health Checker solution.

We also happen to be running our Clutter Contest until November 30, 2021, so if you'd like your FREE Health Checker Report, I invite you to register.

Regards,

Doug

0694X00000G6oWHQAZ.jpg