Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Filter by Topic Group Name on Issue Report

Level 2

I'm trying to create a filter for an issue level report where the parent topic group does not contain a certain name.  Sadly, parent topic group name doesn't appear to be one of the canned/selectable filters to simply add, unless it's called something other than parent topic group name.  So, I'm resorting to text mode.  I found this post (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/filtering-on-topic-groups/m-p/5...) where someone else was able to filter by ID.  But, the parent topic group ID is unique within each project, so ID isn't doable.

Has anyone run into this before?  I don't see why adding an extra filter like the below isn't working:

queueTopic:parentTopicGroup:name=Special Requests
queueTopic:parentTopicGroup:name_Mod=cinotcontains

The "Show Filters" button on the report reads exactly like what I'd want, but the report generates an error.

ryanbrogz1_0-1697549719851.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

my guess is that your report filter has too many levels. If this is the case you might be better off resorting to an exists statement. Here’s a sample post showing a similar situation (too many levels).

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/task-report-for-projects-by-con...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

my guess is that your report filter has too many levels. If this is the case you might be better off resorting to an exists statement. Here’s a sample post showing a similar situation (too many levels).

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/task-report-for-projects-by-con...

Level 2

Thanks for the reply, didn't have any luck.  I get the queueTopic:parentTopicGroupID filter to work, but the ID is unique every time, so I thought queueTopic:parentTopicGroup:name may do the trick, which it doesn't.  I saw someone else suggest in the other post about using custom forms, which looks to work fine in some brief testing, that's probably the route I'll go here.

Level 4

I'm not sure why you "didn't have any luck", since you didn't bother posting any error messages? If you followed along with the original link I posted, you should have gotten to something that looked like this sample code below.

EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=QUET
EXISTS:A:ID=FIELD:queueTopicID

EXISTS:A:parentTopicGroup:name=Special Requests
EXISTS:A:parentTopicGroup:name_Mod=cicontains

EXISTS:A:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS

First two lines: there exists a queue topic where the queue topic's ID is the queueTopicID of your issue. (as you mentioned above, this is the unique identifier)

Next two lines: ALMOST exactly what you had, but now you are allowed to "remove one of the levels" (this is from my original response -- you have too many levels, and an exists statement is how you get to remove one level)

Last line: instead of saying "cinotcontains" your filter says "cicontains" and the last line is how you say "not"

Level 2

That did the trick this time, I must of been doing something wrong when I tried previously.  I have it working with a calculated field on a custom form, so now I can just have the field readily available for the future anyway.

Community Advisor

Do all the parent topics contain another identifying factor? Possibly the same custom forms? You could try filtering on Category ID then.

Level 2

Another identifier was the parent topic group description, I tried using a "does not contain" then certain words/phrase.  But, that landed at the same spot - I could get the filter working with the ID of the parent topic group successfully, but not the name or description.

I think I will go the custom form route for this one.  I know I can put a calc field there of the topic group name, then just filter from that in any subsequent report(s).