Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

File management

Level 1
Open question to the Community: When someone leaves a company, what happens to their files? (Files in general, they don't have to be Workfront documents) Julia Tyler Workfront
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4
This will depend on company policy, but in general, the answer varies. My team has set a best practice to have all files placed and managed on our Google Drive and NOT a local drive. Files maintained on a local drive are likely to be lost forever. If the person is terminated or submits their two weeks, it is dependent on them to transfer files...that's a big risk in my book. Instead, shared drives are becoming the standard. In terms of project archives, it is protocol for all documents associated with a project (i.e. a Workfront project) to be attached to the project. It helps for traceability. All-in-all, I think that moving file management to the cloud is the most appropriate action in this day and age. Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Program Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693