Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fail to Process proof in Workfront

Level 1

Hello!

My colleagues and I frequently use Workfront to send client proof and proofs to proofreaders. For the last day, we keep getting the same error message when we try to upload a new PDF: 

"The proof failed to process."

Any ideas why this keeps happening? The file size is well within range, its not corrupt and we have plenty of storage space. 

We've tried from separate users, exported a new PDF of the file, reduced the file size, all to no avail. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Is it only this particular PDF? Do other PDFs work? I would try printing it from a regular colour printer and see if it prints. Rendering in Proof is akin to printing. If it doesn't print, it probably won't render either.

Try deleting parts of the document; vector graphics, images, sections, etc. to find the culprit as it's probably an element in the PDF that's causing failure.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Is it only this particular PDF? Do other PDFs work? I would try printing it from a regular colour printer and see if it prints. Rendering in Proof is akin to printing. If it doesn't print, it probably won't render either.

Try deleting parts of the document; vector graphics, images, sections, etc. to find the culprit as it's probably an element in the PDF that's causing failure.

Community Advisor

additionally, secure PDFs (e.g. password protected) will not convert.

Level 1

This worked! The culprit was a small illustration that wasn't printing and causing an error on the PDF. It wasn't flagging any major errors and we've used it before without issue. Very strange! Appreciate your help!

Level 10

Glad it helped. As a follow up, I invite you to mark it as a correct answer so it may help other users with the same issue.