Expand my Community achievements bar.

Exist Statement vs Collenctions Text Mode

Level 4

I am working on a filter for a report that links the Project with the Request (Issue). I want to be able to see on a Projects report the Primary Contact from the resolved Request. I have looked at the help articles and think I can link the 2 objects with either an Exists Statement or a Collections text mode, but I am running into blocks with both types of text mode.

For the Exists Statement I can't figure out what my "Linking Object" is. I know my "Original Object" is Project and my "Target Object" is Request (Issue) but I can't figure out what is the "Linking Object". I just want to be able to filter and have the Primary Contact from the request see the converted project. Below is my attempt at the text mode:

EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=PROJ

EXISTS:A:ID=FIELD:projectID

EXISTS:A:OPTASK:enteredByID=5dd43aa800d6a09a4223c41a60509147

For the Collections, I can't figure out the fields that I need to see the Primary Contact. I have looked at the API Explorer and can't seem to find a field in the collections tab that deals with the Request (Issues) Primary Contact. Here is my attempt at the text mode for the collections:

OPTASK:enteredByID=5dd43aa800d6a09a4223c41a60509147

OPTASK:ID_Mod=cicontains

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

If you were to create a new column and paste in the following text mode (collection), that should pull in the name of the primary contact on the resolving issue. Feel free to edit the displayname= line to rename your column

displayname=Column Name Here

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(resolvables).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=owner:name

valueformat=HTML

If you have any questions, let me know!

Level 4

Thanks! This is really helpful!

Is there any way to turn this into a filter? We use Dashboards to help manage work and I was wanting a wildcard for the logged in user who submitted the request to only see projects that resulted from their submitted requests.

Thanks again!

Level 10

Thats great Nichole, but if we see the same scenario in other way. For example we have list submitted request, and which of the request converted to project and the owner name. Then what will be the text code...

Regards

Kundan

Level 10

Thats great Nichole, but if we see the same scenario in other way. For example we have list submitted request, and which of the request converted to project and the owner name. Then what will be the text code.

At the moment I created a Issue report to pull all requests and to see which of the request is converted to a project. Please help in this regard.

Regards

Kundan

Level 10
What would be the code if we want to collect or pull request name submitted and later it is converted to a project. Who is the requestor for the request. In project type or issue type report. Any idea??? @Nichole Vargas Kundan Kumar KGON (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)

Employee Advisor

Yes, absolutely. If you were to take the text mode column I had provided and turn that into a filter with a wildcard, it would look like the following. You will not be able to select this from the UI so you will need to switch into text mode.

resolvables:ownerID=$$USERID

resolvables:ownerID_Mod=eq

If you have any questions, let me know!

Employee Advisor

If you are running an issue/request report and would like to see which objects have a resolving project, you can either add the filter for Resolve Project ID > Is Not Blank, or add the column for Resolve Project: Name. Both of these are built into the standard UI.

To see the resolving project owner name, you will need to create that column in text mode:

displayname=Resolving Project Owner Name

textmode=true

valuefield=resolveProject:owner:name

valueformat=HTML

Again, feel free to rename the line displayname= to change the name of your column.