Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Tip: Finding Reports with Specific Filters

Level 10

Yes, the "text mode" of those filters can be identified in a "Reports" report by adding the text mode below as a filter. This can be useful if you need to make a change that impacts reports. If anyone knows how to do the same thing for the Groupings or Columns, that would be fantastic!

Reports Report | Display the Filters as Text

Purpose: To identify where specific filters exist in my reports. Add this to a reports report as a column. Then run the report and use the browser's search to find reports that contain the filters.

displayname=Filter

linkedname=direct

namekey=filterID

querysort=filterID

textmode=true

valuefield=filter:definition

valueformat=HTML

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 9

@NRYN R - inactive‚ - stumbled upon this gem. Is there a way to display what the filter is vs the ID? ‚For instance, here display User Manager = Jane Doe vs. what it says below?

{startDate=$$TODAYbw, startDate_Mod=between, startDate_Range=$$TODAYew, user:managerID=5a0ce79d00018832423d80eac09c34e6, user:managerID_Mod=in}

Level 10

Hi Christina,

If you'd rather see the name of the filter on the report (vs its definition, as Narayan shared), you could add another textmode column to your Report report, with this minor change:

displayname=Filter

linkedname=direct

namekey=filterID

querysort=filterID

textmode=true

valuefield=filter:name

valueformat=HTML

However...I suspect you'll be disappointed, because the name that then comes back will simply and always be "_view", indicating that the particular view is The Internal Version Set On The Report, as opposed to those named by end users when they Create View. Even in cases where you (wisely) create a named view in advance then Apply Existing View on a report in design mode, technically, Workfront then creates a copy of that view at that point in time for use on the report...and calls it "_view".

That said, I recall @NRYN R - inactive‚ sharing a technique in one of his WFPro Live sessions that would create the type of view-to-report cross reference to which I believe you're alluding.

Regards,

Doug