Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

email bounce back

Level 5
If Workfront fails to deliver a notification (such as an email address change), where do those failures go? Do they bounce back somewhere? Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 7
Hi Michelle, They should be sent back to the individual that triggered them. Meaning, if I tag you in an update, and you are expected to receive an email for "When someone tags me in an update", I should get the bounced email. Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 5
what about automated notifications sent by the system? like when a project is created and the notification goes out to a team but someone has left that team (or the company) but is still active in workfront (because their manage didn't notify me)? as you can guess I have a very specific hole I am trying to close. Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Level 7
The only generic ones would be automatic reminders, because they are system generated. A project created will generate email from the person that entered the project (if it's in current or equivalent status) OR the person that sets the status to current ("A project I'm on becomes active"). This should in theory be the project owner, mayyyyyybe the project sponsor. For a team notification though.. I don't believe anyone would see the bounceback.. but I've also never been asked a question about that specific scenario. If you have the ID of the user, the time the email should have been sent off, you can open a request with Support to confirm that the event triggered and the email was sent to that user. If we can confirm it's set to the user, then we should also be able to see if there was a bounce that came back to the system. Usually it'll give a message like "200" or "550" in our logs. 200 being OK, and 550 usually indicating a problem with the destination mail server.. mailbox full, mailbox restricted, mailbox does not exist.. etc. Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 5
perfect! thank you @Dustin Martin Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG