Expand my Community achievements bar.

Edits in WF Proof

Level 2
Hi Everyone! If there are changes that need to be made to a proof that I submitted to my manager, can I make the changes in the WF Proof? Or do I need to edit the document in Word and then resubmit a new version of a proof? Thanks for your help! Natasha Acosta *IEHP
1 Reply

Level 3
Workfront Proof does not edit the document in its original format (Word, PDF, etc.). You're marking up a proof version, not the original file. Think of it like when you proof on paper - If you make corrections on a printed copy of a document, you still have to go into the file and make the corrections. So if you mark up a document in proofing, the corrections still need to be made on the document in its native application. Whether you need to download the Word file and make the corrections yourself depends on your organization's workflow. In some workflows, you'd just mark the corrections in proofing and then someone else would be responsible for transferring those corrections to the actual file. In other workflows, the person marking the corrections is also responsible for making the corrections. (Hope that made sense.) If you're not sure on how to use the proofing tool, you'll want to take the Reviewing Proofs course available at training.workfront.com Hope that info helps! Allison Lippert Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com