Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Editable Report Fields with Icon Column Rules

Level 8

So, I have a custom 'Yes/No' field in a report that allows my teams to essentially check things off as they work through large publications (EX: Translation sent for translations, Approved by vendor, Sent to press, etc.) They can choose 'Yes' or 'No' inside the report and it's awesome! But our designers hate how technical a list of yes's and no's look. I would like to add a column rule with an icon for 'Yes,' but every time I add the column rule I lose the ability to edit the column in the report.

Help? I just want to edit the column and display an icon when I select 'Yes' instead of the word 'Yes.'

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Question: Have you tried showing the designers conditional formatting with background colors? I had a similar situation a few years ago with a group. And the compromise was No being red and Yes green. That way there was still a visual representation, but it was still in-line editable. :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Samantha,

Since it seems to be an either or situation, I’d suggest two views (one editable, one icons) and then “flipping” as needed.

If flipping is too burdensome, you could also effectively combine them into a single view by repeating those columns and training people to Swipe Right to see the Pretty (icon) columns.

Neither’s excellent.

Regards,

Doug

Correct answer by
Level 10

Question: Have you tried showing the designers conditional formatting with background colors? I had a similar situation a few years ago with a group. And the compromise was No being red and Yes green. That way there was still a visual representation, but it was still in-line editable. :)

Level 10

Oooh! Great suggestion, Anthony: I like that compromise!

Regards,

Doug