Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Easy way to find project/milestone/user/etc. IDs

Level 8
Hi all, I'm probably missing something obvious, but is there an easier way to find the alpha-numeric ID of a project/user/milestone path/etc other than adding a column in a report? It'd be super convenient if the project ID was on the project details tab of the project, for example. Thanks! Kirsten Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation
3 Replies

Level 10
there's not a good way that I know of, although you can definitely add it to your custom forms. I was just doing some milestone work the other day and ended up creating a milestone report so I could just reference all the milestone IDs off that. -skye

Community Advisor
I'm not sure about milestone path, but project, user, etc. if you're just looking for 1 go to that project or user and the ID is at the end of the URL in the address bar.

Level 7
Hi Kirsten, A report or view with the ID would be the best option, but like Heather mentioned, you can use the URL for most objects, just look for the ?ID= portion. Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront