Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Sort order for project status

Level 4
Hi, We have various project statuses that show up in the status drop down in a logical order. e.g. Intake Delivery Current Dead These are not necessarily in alphabetical order. When a user generates a report to be sorted by project statuses, the records are sorted by alphabetical order. We have a need for the records to be sorted by logical order such as above. Is there a setting or text mode that can help accomplish this? Sadashiv Kulkarni
3 Replies

Level 10
We create a "logical" sort order for the status field for reporting by creating a custom field. Hope this helps! Create a custom, numeric field and assign a number to each status. Planning Sort Order IF(Status="IDA",40,IF(Status="REQ",30,IF(Status="BCR",25,IF(Status="APC",15,IF(Status="APR",20,IF(Status="REJ",60,IF(Status="PLN",10,IF(Status="CUR",05,IF(Status="DED",65,IF(Status="ONH",7,IF(Status="CPL",98,IF(Status="ACR",55,IF(Status="LVE",2,99))))))))))))) 2. In your report, convert a column you want to apply the sort to, to text mode code and add/update the 3 lines highlighted below. Our report doesn't include the Status field so the sort order is applied to the owner name field. linkedname=owner namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=owner namekeyargkey.1=name querysort=DE:Planning Sort Order sortOrder=1 sortType=asc textmode=true usewidths=true valuefield=owner:name valueformat=HTML width=80 Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 2
We had the same issue. There is probably a more elegant way but I simply added a number to the beginning of each phase so that they would be sorted sequentially. ie. 1 - Intake 2 - Delivery 3 - Current 4 - Dead Amy Thomas Ball State University - Mktg

Level 2
We are having the same issue and can't get them to sort correctly. Did you run any reports using the sorting? That's where we run into issues...see attached. Let me know if you have had success and how you got to it. Thanks, Ken Ken Steckler PSJH