Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Does anyone know how to merge data from multiple columns into one? I was able to merge 2 but I cannot merge more than that.

Level 2

I followed the directions in the link below and it worked for two columns but I cannot figure out how to merge more than two columns (include the previously merged column). I am trying to pull the data from multiple fields into one column in my Project List. If this can be done without merging columns, I would love to explore that option as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Just keep doing the same thing! The new column you want to merge (the mergee) should always be to the right hand side of the thing it's merging into (the... merger??). Edit the merger, and add sharecol=true to the bottom AND its column number (the final line in the merger should give you a clue as to what number to use).

e.g. your new line might look like this: column.4.sharecol=true

Pray you don't accidentally merge something out of order, as it's a bit of a pain to separate a merged column. (basically involves finding the correct sharecol=true line to delete)

Level 2

That worked! I was missing adding the column number. Thank you so much!

Community Advisor

you're welcome! I went ahead and notified the help article people to rewrite their article to be less ambiguous so it doesn't catch the next user unawares!

Community Advisor

Hi Skye!

Found this thread looking for something specific. Can't figure out what is probably a simple value expression in a report column where I want two numeric columns added together into a single column, not sharecol/merged. When I share these two columns, it literally joins the numbers (col 1 has 3, col 2 has 5, when I share them it results as 35, not 8). What is the text mode for adding two values together in a column so I can have 1 column instead of 2?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

There is a video and text tutorial available on the wonderful and informative WF-Pro.