Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Does anyone have textmode that allows me to group on 'Document Source'?

Level 5

Within a project, I have been able to include the following textmode in a custom view to see the document source, but I would also like the ability to group by as well.

Custom textmode in View for Document Source

descriptionkey=sourceobject

displayname=Document Source

link.linkproperty.0.name=ID

link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=referenceObjID

link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=string

link.lookup=link.view

link.nestedobjcode=string(referenceObjCode)

link.nestedobjid=string(referenceObjID)

link.valuefield=referenceObjCode

link.valueformat=val

namekey=sourceobject.abbr

stretch=0

textmode=true

valuefield=referenceObjectName

valueformat=HTML

width=151

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The below will group first by the kind of object to which the documents are attached (were they added directly to the project, or one of its tasks, or one of its requests); then by the item it was attached to:

group.0.displayname=Attached To

group.0.valueexpression=IF({docObjCode}="OPTASK","Requests",IF({docObjCode}="TASK","Tasks",IF({docObjCode}="PROJ","Project",IF({docObjCode}="PRGM","Program",IF({docObjCode}="PORT","Portfolio",{docObjCode})))))

group.0.valueformat=HTML

group.1.displayname=On

group.1.valuefield=referenceObjectName

group.1.valueformat=HTML

textmode=true

If you don't want the initial grouping of Project/Task/Request, you can use this:

group.0.displayname=Source

group.0.valuefield=referenceObjectName

group.0.valueformat=HTML

textmode=true

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi - I think you might be out of luck. I looked at the API explorer and it has a flag of "Not Groupable" 😞

0694X00000DTdYQQA1.png

Level 5

Aw that makes me very 😢 thank you for trying @Anthony Imgrund‚

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The below will group first by the kind of object to which the documents are attached (were they added directly to the project, or one of its tasks, or one of its requests); then by the item it was attached to:

group.0.displayname=Attached To

group.0.valueexpression=IF({docObjCode}="OPTASK","Requests",IF({docObjCode}="TASK","Tasks",IF({docObjCode}="PROJ","Project",IF({docObjCode}="PRGM","Program",IF({docObjCode}="PORT","Portfolio",{docObjCode})))))

group.0.valueformat=HTML

group.1.displayname=On

group.1.valuefield=referenceObjectName

group.1.valueformat=HTML

textmode=true

If you don't want the initial grouping of Project/Task/Request, you can use this:

group.0.displayname=Source

group.0.valuefield=referenceObjectName

group.0.valueformat=HTML

textmode=true

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf