Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to handle when a user moves to another team and work metrics are reported by "Home Team" in Workfront?

Level 7

Does anyone have suggestions for how to handle when a user moves to another team and work metrics are reported by "Home Team" in Workfront? When I change the user's home team, all of the historic records need to stay attributed to the previous "Home Team" where the user was when the work happened...

We have had several users move recently completed work reports by Home Team are no longer going to be accurate...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Rhonda,

Unfortunately when a user moves Home Teams the historical data will move with the user. Depending on what types of reports you're using and what you define as work metrics, you might want to think about reporting those work metrics from things other than Home Team, such as project, portfolio as most likely the project or portfolio records will keep track of similar things... that being said, I don't know exactly what you're capturing to report on, so sorry if this doesn't help!

Kyna

Level 10

Hmm...tough one Rhonda,

Given Kyna's assertion, depending on the churn of such moves (and the side effects of what I'm about to propose), if such Home Team metrics are important enough to warrant the workaround, when Jane Doe does move to a new Home Team, you could:

• copy Jane Doe
  • fully Share any personal objects (Views, Filters, Groupings, Reports, etc.) with the copied Jane Doe
  • deactivate Jane Doe, rename her to First Name "[Deactivated] Jane", Last Name "Doe [Old Home Team]"
  • set the copied Jane Doe's Home Team to her New Home Team
  • search for and then reassign all open Tasks and Issues to the copied Jane Doe

Crude, but perhaps effective.

Regards,

Doug

Level 7

Thank you for the suggestion, Kyna! Unfortunately, our portfolios and programs do not provide work metrics specific to teams. We are in the process of a "clean up" and working towards resource management and hour tracking to help with work metrics but for now, it is what it is.

😐

Doug, I think that crude suggestion just might be what we are looking for in the mean time. I am going to try this with one user and see what comes of it before moving forward with others. I can strip out the Federation ID and truncate the email address on the "old" user profile.

I will let you know if any unexpected issues pop up but it sounds like this will work.

Thank you!

Employee

I'm so glad Doug's here and shares his insight, I hadn't thought of that. I hope this works for you as you go through your clean up process! :)