Expand my Community achievements bar.

Document Report that Shows Documents Awaiting My Approval in WorkfrontProof

Level 8
Hello -- we are trying to mostly do away with the use of the Standalone WorkfrontProof product and purely work out of Workfront itself as not to bounce back and forth between two systems. A key for us doing this is building a Document Report that shows documents awaiting my approval in WorkfrontProof --- if I'm one of the users in the established workflow that needs approve the document. However, I can't figure out how to accomplish this. So far I've only been successful in creating a report that shows the Documents that users have put in WorkfrontProof via Workfront that are pending approval from other users (or approved). Does anyone know if it is possible to build a document report that shows documents awaiting the user's approval in WorkfrontProof that were entered via Workfront? And if so, how? Thanks! Matt May Stream Companies
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

24 Replies

Level 4
You want requester >> ID equal $$USER.ID on the proof approval report. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Hi Matt, If you only care about ones that are pending approval, I would highly recommend that you build a Proof Approval report that has a filter Approver ID equals $$USER.ID. Proof Approval object types are only created when it is a specific persons turn to approve something. It is really nice. I will say though, since they added Proof Approvals to My Work's Approval tab, we have seem that area utilized as they can go directly to the proof from there. (In the Proof Approval report, they have to go to the document first and then hit "Proof"). Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 8
Hi Anthony -- while I agree about the My Work is the easiest place to go, some people like seeing this info on their dashboard in a report with all other reporting info. That said I tried what you suggested but it doesn't work for me or any of my users when comes to proofing documents via WorkfrontProof. It works if an approver is added on the document in Workfront here: However, it doesn't seem to pull from approvers that are part of the WorkfrontProof Workflow (we use a lot of pre-set / automated Workflows), and that's what we need to use here at our agency since we have very involved proofing processes. It's strange because the My Work area will show it: However, using the Proof Approval report with this filter, shows no results when the approver is only put in the Workfront Proof workflows: approverID=$$USER.ID approverID_Mod=in Matt May Stream Companies

Level 4
This would be a document approval report and not a proof approval report. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 8
Got it, Melinda. Thanks for pointing out my now obvious mistake. Is working now with the "Proof Approval" report . . . had accidentally selected the "Document Approval Report" Thank you for the help! Matt May Stream Companies

Level 8
Follow-up questions. Is there a way in the Proof Approval Report to pull in source data. For example, the project the document that needs approval lives on, and/or task, and/or issue? This is what works in the report but doesn't work in the Document Version Report to pull what project the document is living on: valuefield=document:project:name I've tried a few way "report up" to this information, but I haven't had any luck in getting the source when it comes to this report type. ------------------ To give a little background on why we are even trying to create the report rather than just relying on the My Work approvals tab -- the tab doesn't allow for any kind of sorting or grouping. Some of our team members deal with a large number of awaiting proofs, so they need a way to sort and/or group to effectively manage the proofs in WorkfrontProof via Workfront. If there is just some other way I'm not thinking of (a different report maybe), I'm all ears. Thanks! Matt May Stream Companies

Level 4
Ahh you found an interesting subtle bug/feature. For whatever reason the Document ID (And proof ID) in this object is the ID but not the actual object! So you can't directly reference up. The DocumentVersionID is the actual object. So to get the project name - displayname=Project Name querysort=documentVersion:document:project:name textmode=true valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:name valueformat=HTML -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 8
Awesome, Melinda! That worked. Appreciate the help. Matt May Stream Companies

Level 10
Hi Opening up this thread because it partially answered what I was looking for. However, the Proof Approver report only seems to show Proofs that are awaiting approvals, not Proofs I have completed approving. I have only the Approver ID filter and none others so I can't understand what is limiting it from showing the approval history of all "my" proofs. Any direction on how to get this all in the same report would be great. Thanks! Jill Ackerman

Level 10
Wow this posted in a weird way. I was responding to a very old thread about Proof Approver reports that had a partial answer to my issue. However my post didn't show the rest of the thread so my note sounds a little bonkers. May I rephrase? I am trying to make a "My Proofs" report. I have found the Proof Approver report but it only displays proofs awaiting a decision, not all proofs that I am on – ie I want to see a list of proofs associated with projects with "Current" Status or open issues, where I am a Reviewer/Approver. However I don't see a filter for this. The Approver ID filter is the only filter in my report so I would think it would show everything. Any ideas how I can make this report?

Level 10
Hi - Coming in 18.2! Although, I did find out it will not be retroactive. So only completed proof approvals after the 18.2 release View this on Workfront > Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Ah ha! Just a few more weeks ...

Level 5
I'm looking for a variation of this ability. I have a report utilizing $$USER.ID that shows proofs that are waiting on an approval, but would like it to also include proofs where the user is designated only as a Reviewer (not Reviewer & Approver). Is this possible? Cathy Kenny Tire Rack

Level 10
I can't think of a way. Unfortunately the object type is "proof approval" so is only created when they a person needs to approve. :( Instead of an approval, it should almost be like the Assignment object. Like "proof assignment" so that you can get more info from the proof itself (instead of just the document version in Workfront) but then also have it include people who are just reviewers. I'm in meetings all day today, but I'll check idea exchange and see if there is something already there. If not, I'll create some thing and post it here. :) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 3
Hi Jill, Were you able to figure out how Proof Approval report can be filtered to show proofs associates to projects with "Current" status? Thanks! Surya Laani Scholastic

Level 2
Hi, I found this EXISTS code in a previous thread and added it to our proof approval report. It filters out jobs which are not in "current" status, and also jobs in which ANY decision is pending. Groupings: group.0.linkedname=document group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.0.namekeyargkey.0=document group.0.namekeyargkey.1=ID group.0.valuefield=documentVersion:document:name group.0.valueformat=string textmode=true Filters: EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=DOCU EXISTS:a:project:status=CUR EXISTS:a:project:status_Mod=in EXISTS:a:versions:ID=FIELD:documentVersionID approverDecision=pending approverDecision_Mod=cinotcontains documentVersion:proofedByUserID=$$USER.ID documentVersion:proofedByUserID_Mod=in isCurrentDocumentVersion=true isCurrentDocumentVersion_Mod=eq I hope this is helpful! Stephanie Bayard Oticon, Inc.

Level 3
Hi Stephanie, That worked! Thank you so much for sharing this!! Surya Laani Scholastic

Level 2
Hi Anthony, did you find a way to show a proofs that I need to review (but not approve)? Thanks! Karen Towler Tesco Bank

Level 10
Unfortunately, no. :( Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2
Cheers for letting me know pal. Karen Towler Tesco Bank