Expand my Community achievements bar.

Document "check out" option

Level 2
Open question to the Community here. How are you and your team using the "check out" feature on documents? Skylar Sanford Workfront
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
we're not using it. Additionally, because you can lock the file by clicking on the document (where the padlock is), my users are constantly "accidentally" checking the file out. -skye

Level 2
We are not using the check out option either. Not sure what the benefit is because of the versioning function. Joe Benes Brighthouse Financial Charlotte, NC

Level 2
I agree with you both! The "check out" option is terribly unhelpful. It causes us a lot of delays when versioning proofs. I would love to be able to turn it off or to remove it entirely. Thanks! Emily Pandzik Staples, Inc.

Level 8
We've never used the check-out / check-in option on documents. It doesn't cause us any problems necessarily, we just ignore it and I like to think our users behave for the most part! (except when it comes to getting feedback / approvals on time) If there is low adoption to this feature, maybe its worth phasing it out like Workfront did with endorsements in R1? I'm all about not clogging the system! Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.