Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Document/File Name

Level 2

Is there a way to make file extensions visible instead of just the file title? Pdf, ppt, doc, etc. For example, instead of seeing ACNH_232615601-3 TeleECHO Schizophrenia you would see ACNH_232615601-3 TeleECHO Schizophrenia.ppt so you’d immediately know it was a file that you’re dealing with.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Unfortunately, you cannot change the built in UI fields, or the page headers. What you could do is incorporate the extension into the file name like "ACNH_232615601-3 TeleECHO Schizophrenia-ppt". If you use a dash instead of a dot, it will display as part of the file name.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

This is what you're looking for

displayname=File Name + ext
querysort=currentVersion:documentID
textmode=true
valueexpression=CONCAT({currentVersion}.{document}.{name},".",{currentVersion}.{ext})
valueformat=HTML

or this in a task report:

displayname=Documents & File Type
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(documents).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({name}," - ",{fileType})
valueformat=HTML

or maybe this in a task report:

displayname=Name+Ext
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(documents).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({name},".",{currentVersion}.{ext})
valueformat=HTML

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Level 2

Thank you, that is helpful for reporting purposes. But, I am looking to have the file extension appear just within the docs section of a project, issue, or task, just simply on the title of the document. (Even if we save the file with the file extension, it does not pull over into the title of the document.)

Level 10

Can you post a screenshot of what you're referring to?

Level 2

Screen Shot 2023-04-21 at 3.08.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-21 at 3.08.37 PM.png

Sure, see attached. So in these instances, instead of the title being ACNH_232615601-3 TeleECHO Schizophrenia in this view, we would like to see ACNH_232615601-3 TeleECHO Schizophrenia.ppt (to show the .ppt extension.)

Correct answer by
Level 10

Unfortunately, you cannot change the built in UI fields, or the page headers. What you could do is incorporate the extension into the file name like "ACNH_232615601-3 TeleECHO Schizophrenia-ppt". If you use a dash instead of a dot, it will display as part of the file name.

Level 2

Thanks! That's a good solution.