Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Document Approval buttons do not work in Desktop Proofing Viewer

Level 10
hi fellow sys admins, I think this is probably just a very small percentage of you, but wanted to put a quick heads up out there. :) in the desktop proofing viewer, your Document Approval buttons (Approve/Changes/Reject) will not write the decision back to Workfront. This specifically only affects users who are using Document Approvals instead of Proof Approvals on interactive proofs (which are the only proofs that would trigger the desktop proofing viewer to install and open starting 11/6). The last message I heard from Dev was that they would be putting out a patch after 18.3. -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2

Has there been an update on this?  We have several old proofs I'm trying to clear out. Using the approval box on the Proof Details page appears to work, sending an email notification, but the proof still shows as pending.  Is the only way to get a proof to show as approved to open it in the Viewer?

Any info on this would be helpful as this button would be a timesaver.  Most of the proofs have archived by now and it takes time for them to unarchive for approval.