Expand my Community achievements bar.

Displaying Custom Data as the Label and not the Value - Many Posts on this, but no Answers!

Level 8

Does anyone know the correct valueformat to use when trying to get custom data to display as the label rather than the value?

customDataAsLabel = shows value

val = shows value

html = shows blank

I tried valuefield= and valueexpression= with and without the CONCAT. Who wants to be my hero today? :{)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi @BrandonNW,

I suggest you try this:

valueformat=customDataValuesAsString  

Regards,

Doug

Hey Doug... just the person I was hoping to summon! Unfortunately, that too displays the value and not the label of the parameter option.

displayname=Product
linkedname=direct
namekey=Mktg - Taxonomy - Product
querysort=DE:Mktg - Taxonomy - Product
textmode=true
valuefield=Mktg - Taxonomy - Product
valueformat=customDataValuesAsString

I tried this as an expression as well with the same result. I could do IF statements, but there are about 50 options and I would much prefer the system to just show me the answer that is already there!! You would think "customDataLabelAsString" would show the label and "customDataValueAsString" would show the value, but they both produce the value. Boooo

Harrumph. Guess that doesn't work anymore @BrandonNW .

But this does:

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1720811231568.png

displayname=valueexpression as HTML
namekey=Mktg - Taxonomy - Product
querysort=DE:Mktg - Taxonomy - Product
textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Mktg - Taxonomy - Product}
valueformat=HTML

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

As Doug mentions you have to change it to a valueexpression instead of valuefield and it will display the values instead of the labels. 

Oh my goodness. That didn't work either, but I think I just realized why. The field I am pulling is a calculated field with a large concatenated formula. Since the calc field pulls the values in by default, I am guessing that textmode can only interpret that data and not the original field's labels. Would that be a correct assumption?

Level 8

Going on the theory that it was b/c of the calc fields, but now I am thinking maybe we got a bug or something b/c this works:

displayname=LOB
linkedname=direct
namekey=Mktg - Taxonomy - NF - LOB
querysort=DE:Mktg - Taxonomy - NF - LOB
textmode=true
valuefield=Mktg - Taxonomy - NF - LOB
valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

But this does not:
displayname=LOB
linkedname=direct
namekey=Mktg - Taxonomy - NF - LOB
querysort=DE:Mktg - Taxonomy - NF - LOB
textmode=true
valueexpression=CONCAT({DE:Mktg - Taxonomy - NF - LOB},{DE:Mktg - Taxonomy - PC - LOB})
valueformat=HTML

Am I missing something stupid??

Hi @BrandonNW,

Possibly...I'd suggest you check what is returned when you try each of the (minimal) following, then compare that to what you want to be returned in the CONCAT you mentioned.

displayname=NF - LOB
textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Mktg - Taxonomy - NF - LOB}
valueformat=HTML

displayname=PC - LOB
textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Mktg - Taxonomy - PC - LOB}
valueformat=HTML

Regards,

Doug

These bring back the same results as the CONCAT (value instead of label). Booo. I think I will submit a ticket b/c there has to be way to get the label.

Thank you sincerely for troubleshooting with me!