Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Displaying Actual Hours in Hours & Minutes

Level 4
Hoping someone can help - I've searched and searched and can't believe either I cannot find the answer or no one has tried this before! Building a report that will then be exported to be client facing. Because of this, we need to display the actualWorkRequired as X Hours XX Minutes. For example, if the actualWorkRequired returns 137 - this is 137 minutes; my view should display "2 Hours 17 Minutes" (or one column can have hours and another column can have minutes, whatever is easier here -- or I can always CONCAT after) I found a way that KIND OF works but is truly not accurate. Below is the equation I'm using to get only the minutes right now. But hopefully any help or answer can inform how to find both hours w/o decimal and minutes. valueexpression=PROD(SUB(DIV({actualWorkRequired},60), ROUND (DIV({actualWorkRequired},60),0)),60) Essentially what I'm saying is take the actualWorkRequired, turn it to hours w/ decimal places THEN subtract the actualWorkRequired that has been rounded with NO decimal places. This will return only the decimals, we then multiply by 60 to return actual minutes. The ROUND bolded and underlined above is really what's messing it all up because I don't actually want to round, it was just the only way I know how to get rid of the decimals. Hoping there is 1 of 2 possible answers 1. Can ROUND be replaced with something that will remove the 2 decimal places after the number? 2. Is there a totally different way to think about this that can be recommended? Thank you in advance for any help here!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3
Hi Stephanie, I think you're on the right track, but you might try this instead: displayname=HrMin textmode=true valueexpression=CONCAT(FLOOR({actualWorkRequired}/60)," Hours ",SUB({actualWorkRequired},PROD(FLOOR({actualWorkRequired}/60),60))," Minutes") valueformat=HTML (Sigh...where's a good Excel MOD function when you need it?) Kathy

Level 4
Kathy, Thank you so much! Super helpful and worked perfectly Have a wonderful day :)