Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculation to display Project Name from Project ID

Level 4
I have a custom text field that captures the project ID from a "related project". I then take this project ID and turn it into a hyperlink using a calculated expression. The one last step I'm trying to work through is to take the "related" project ID and have that display the "related" project name. Any thoughts on how I could use the project ID or the hyperlink and convert that to display the project name? For reference, the custom fields are named "CLIENT PROFILE ID" and "CLIENT PROFILE HYPERLINK". The formula I am using for the hyperlinked field is: IF(ISBLANK(CLIENT PROFILE ID), "N/A",CONCAT("https://equifax.my.workfront.com/project/view?ID=",CLIENT PROFILE ID)) I appreciate any suggestions. I just can't seem to think through this last piece. By the way, this is my slap dash work around because there is no capability to link children projects to parent projects. Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 4
Are you trying to relate two projects together? Daniel Cooley Kenall

Level 10
Hi Jaclyn, A little moniker I finally taught myself is that "expressions = emoji's", which reminds me that when I switch a valuefield to valueexpression, I also need to provide brackets in my formulas, which in your case would look like this: valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK( {DE: CLIENT PROFILE ID } ), "N/A",CONCAT("equifax.my.workfront.com/project/view?ID=", {DE: CLIENT PROFILE ID } )) (NOTE: corrected to include the "CONCAT(" I'd inadvertently dropped in my initial reply) Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 4
@Daniel Cooley I am trying to link two project together. Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693

Level 4
Hi Jaclyn, The most natural way to relate parent and child "projects" is the either structure it that way in the WBS or make use of portfolios and programs. Is there a reason this approach won't work? Daniel Cooley Kenall