Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Displaying a Specific Milestone Due Date In A Column (Task Report)

Level 2

Hello,

I am attempting to display the due date of a specific Milestone in a column. I can achieve this in a Project report with the below code but it does not work in a Task report. Can anyone help me with what I am doing wrong?

displayname=XX
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({milestoneID}="XX"&&{status}!="CPL",CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate}),IF({milestoneID}="XX"&&{status}="CPL",CONCAT(" | ",{plannedCompletionDate})))
valueformat=HTML

Thank you,

Eric

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

oh, nevermind. I think I see what you're trying to do. I thought you were saying that if a particular task you're listing is a milestone, you'd want to see certain information. Instead, I am GUESSING what you're saying is that if you're showing a particular task, you would like to go back through the project and somewhere else in the project, pull the milestone ID.

OK, so start over, and you just want to change one line in your original blob.

That line is calling a collection of tasks within each task. You don't have or want this. So instead, call on all the tasks in your project this way:

listmethod=nested(project.tasks).lists

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I think if you just take out many of the lines, this should work. I would just start with displayname, valueexpression and valueformat.

Level 2
displayname=Creative Build Due
textmode=true
valueexpression=IF({milestoneID}="6422f69500133a81222849087f94e22e"&&{status}!="CPL",CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate}),IF({milestoneID}="6422f69500133a81222849087f94e22e"&&{status}="CPL",CONCAT(" | ",{plannedCompletionDate})))
valueformat=HTML

This returned no data in the column. I did confirm that this Milestone does exist in the project. This is a Task Report if that helps.

Community Advisor

is it possible that you have filtered this particular type of task out of your report?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

oh, nevermind. I think I see what you're trying to do. I thought you were saying that if a particular task you're listing is a milestone, you'd want to see certain information. Instead, I am GUESSING what you're saying is that if you're showing a particular task, you would like to go back through the project and somewhere else in the project, pull the milestone ID.

OK, so start over, and you just want to change one line in your original blob.

That line is calling a collection of tasks within each task. You don't have or want this. So instead, call on all the tasks in your project this way:

listmethod=nested(project.tasks).lists

Level 2

No other filters for task type has been applied to the report.

While the Milestone I am reporting on exists in the project it is not the same task I am reporting on. I am curious if I can pull the due date of a Milestone that is found in a project. The line item I am reporting on is the task I need to be completed. 

Does this make sense?