Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Display tasks with multiple Assignees for Any of their Managers

Level 4
Hello, I want to create a report so that managers with direct reports can see all the tasks/projects their staff is assigned to...So I created a filter: Manager ID equals $$.User.ID however, this doesn't work when there are multiple assignees to a task...because the report only comes back for the Manager of the person who owns the task. If user A and B are both assginees to a task, I would like to have this report works for both of their managers regardless the owner of the tasks. Thanks! Michelle Michelle Speck Royal Neighbors of America
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Michelle - I highly recommend using an Assignment report when working with managers. An assignment report will create a separate line item for every assignee on a task or issue so you can create a fantastic report for a manager that not only groups all the tasks by assignee (which they love), but also includes issues they might be assigned. In 2018, Kathy and I did a presentation at LEAP about reporting and the report I'm talking about was featured. Here are the slides so you can replicate it on your side. The only difference will be that for Assigned To Home Group ID, you will use Assigned To Manager ID equals $$USER.ID :) Let me know if you run into any issues. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
Thank you, Anthony for the very valuable information. It works! I will pass on the ppt presentation to my team for reference. Michelle Speck Royal Neighbors of America