Expand my Community achievements bar.

User Report for Custom Forms Shared With Them

Level 6
I'm trying to make a user report to show what custom forms are shared with them. For this, I'm attempting to make a column to list the forms shared with users, but I'm spinning my wheels in text mode formatting the column. Does anyone know how to make the column list the names of the forms shared with the user, or am I going about this the wrong way? Thanks! Jared Mauch
5 Replies

Community Advisor
This is kind of like the blind leading the blind here... but let me give it a shot. The list of custom forms shared with a user would be a collection. If I go to the API explorer, search on the user object and look at the collections tab, I see that forms (aka categories) is not one of the items that can be reported on as a collection on the user. Unless I missed my guess, this can't be done. -skye

Level 10
Hi Skye and Jared, Perhaps I can shine some light:
  • Setup > Custom Forms
  • Create New View
  • Add the Category "Shared With" column
Regards, Doug P.S. and if you"d like to drop something similar into a Category report, here"s the textmode displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=shared tile.name=component.sharedList valuefield=sharedListString valueformat=HTML viewalias=shared

Community Advisor
Definitely agree, Doug: category report showing "shared with" is miles (kilometres?) easier than a user report showing custom forms. -skye

Level 6
Skye and Doug, Guess I was overthinking this one. The "shared with" view is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the help! Jared Mauch

Level 4
Thanks for posting - this was a View I didn't know I needed!! Vikki Gibbs WF System Admin Paragon Customer Communications