Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Disabling Document Approvals

Level 4
Is anyone aware of a way to disable document approvals? Perhaps there's a way to accomplish this with permissions or a layout template? Even if we can only turn it off for workers- that would be helpful. As an organization we have chosen to leverage Workfront Proof and avoid Document Approvals. It would be great to disable approvals as it's causing some confusion amongst our team. Bonus points if you know how to disable Task Approvals as well. Thanks All! Satchell Mische-Richter Quality Bicycle Products
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 5
Hi Stachell , In your user preferences (in Workfront NOT in Proof) is the option " Automatically generate proofs when uploading documents" unclicked? That caused us confusion until I turned it off. I can't wait for proof to be fully integrated into Workfront, having two different places for user settings is not good. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 2
We need this too! We have to create reports and dashboards to provide visibility to both proof and document approvals because our design users don't always follow the right click process to uploaded the document as a integrated proof. Better controls around what users have ability to use/do or a final full integration would help these issues. -Nick Nick Twillie Walgreen Co.

Level 4
Thanks Aileen, We do have the "auto-proof generation" feature turned off. That's definitely helpful. Unfortunately that doesn't help us control who can create a Document Approval. Satchell Mische-Richter Quality Bicycle Products

Level 4
Nick- how are you creating the report to provide visibility to Document Approvals? If I could create a report that just let's me know what documents have an "Approval" and not a "Proof" attached to them that could be helpful. I could then make sure the "Approvals" are removed. I tried to create a report doing so- but it looks like it was pulling in information on Proof status as well. Update - I was getting confused as my report was pulling in documents that had a Workfront Proof attached but also had a Document Proof that had been canceled sometime in the past. I solved this by changing the filter to Document Approval >> Status ≠ Cancelled Thanks! Satchell Mische-Richter Quality Bicycle Products