Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Differentiating between Tasks (Schedule) and Action Items

Level 2
Hey, Does anyone have any interesting ways of differentiating between Tasks (used to form a project schedule) and smaller action items. Some people may consider them the same thing, but I'm not sure I want to clutter my schedule with a bunch of tasks for tiny action items. My two thoughts are: Have two categories within the "Tasks" tab to seperate between Project Tasks and Action Items Use "Issues" for Action Items. I can then convert them to Tasks when I think there is a need.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 7
Tasks are for regularly scheduled work. Issues are for "unplanned" work that won't really effect the timeline. It sounds like your second option is one that will work for your scenario. You could also include them as "children tasks" of a larger "parent task"

Level 2
Thanks. This is just the answer I was looking for.

Level 10
"Use "Issues" for Action Items. I can then convert them to Tasks when I think there is a need." >> that's what we do ;)

Level 1
I created a new project and project view and associate each task with the actual project task it relates to (the same look and feel to the action items template I use). I am curious if you found a work around for this or another way to do this. Thanks! NZ Nina Zatarain Technologent