Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Prefill Data in Custom Froms

Level 10
Is it possible to prefill data in custom forms to make them more "user friendly". I.E. a required field in one of our custom forms is to put in the name of the person submitting the form, is there a way to make that field have the $$USER.ID data string so that information is automatically filled out?
2 Replies

Level 10
If you're specifically talking about custom forms in request queues, not really. There are certainly workarounds though. For instance, if you specifically want that name of the person submitting the form, consider using or reporting the "Entered By" field instead of creating another custom field for the information. If you're talking about custom forms in projects, then usually we prefill some static information and save it in a project template. I don't think we would (or could) do anything with the user.id data string, in either case, other than somehow working around it with a combination of "default settings in selective fields" (radio buttons or checkboxes) and calculated fields.

Level 3
This depends on your criteria what you want the value you be. One way for example is to use a calculated field to populate a fields based on values in other fields. MTCF Matt Fuller AFSG