Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Desktop proof app -- Our company does not allow desktop apps!

Level 7
We just watched the release webinar, where we learned that the new desktop proofing app will be the "only way going forward" to proof interactive content. The problem is, our very large financial institution does not permit us to install custom software on our computers. And I am positive we are far from the only customers who have this limitation. Speak up if you agree! One of the primary requirements we had when selecting a work management tool was that it did not require desktop software to be installed. It's unbelievable to me that Workfront would renege on this and now force customers to have desktop applications to be able to use the tool we pay for. My question is, what are you going to do Workfront for your probably many customers who cannot have desktop software installed? We pay the same for the functionality, and it is indeed an important requirement to be able to proof interactive content. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 2
I was under the impression this was an option. I would also have this same issue. I would appreciate clarification on the rationale for the proofing viewer desktop application. The HTML viewer works just fine for us! Chris Garbrandt Nationwide Children's Hospital chris.garbrandt@nationwidechildrens.org

Level 6
Hi, We fully understand your concerns. Just wanted to explain a few things regarding the topic: The Desktop Proofing Viewer has been built to provide more possibilities for reviewing interactive content, which we are not able to achieve in the web version. This includes reviewing and approving interactive content that is hosted on any accessible server or platform, without limitations. Following are the limitations that we are not able to overcome in a web-based solution, due to the browsers limitations: URLs have to be secure (https) Websites need to be capable of being rendered in an iframe (this is a very common protection set on websites) We are not able to support interactive proofing on Internet Explorer The Desktop Proofing Viewer is required only for interactive content proofing. There is no obligation to use the Desktop Proofing Viewer for reviewing other content like PDFs, images, static websites, or audio and video files. We will support this kind of content in the web version of the proofing viewer and in the Desktop Proofing Viewer (as an option). The Desktop Proofing Viewer is fully secure and works exactly the same as the browser-based viewers. The role of the Desktop Proofing Viewer is to display and provide feedback on interactive content (websites and interactive banners) with additional capability that allows users to test the content against different devices and screen sizes. The Desktop Proofing Viewer is as simple as the web proofing viewer. There is no difference in the interface, so users don't need additional complicated training. The tool Is fully integrated with Workfront, and once installed, opens automatically when you click any interactive proof in Workfront. Andrzej Muca Product Manager Workfront