Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Designer Workload by individual designer

Level 5
Hi All, I'm trying to build a designer (by name) workload report. I don't want a report at the task level- just the project level. I.E- the projects each designer has been assigned to. Grouped by month the project is due, and then by designer. Any help? Attached is my best shot. I made a task report- but since it's pulling in all the tasks /project that a designer is assigned to- I'm getting the project listed more than once. And all I need is it listed once. Is there a filter criteria I can use? i.e- show me the first instance designer x is assigned to a task? I've attached a pdf of what I have so far? tks! Karen
12 Replies

Level 4
Hi Karen, I am looking for something similar. So far I created a project report (see attached for filters) It populates the list of projects, grouped by planned completion date, but cannot figure out how to group them by designers, and that is really waht I want. Maybe there is a text code i have not looked into yet.

Level 6
Are you trying to build this so that you can manually select the designer that you want to report on or would you want this built in a way to show all designers in one report?

Level 6
Sorry for the quick follow up. But you could do this by: a prompted report to pull by user Create a new "Project Report" Under Groupings - select "Project>> Planned Completion Date" Filters - select "Project>>Status - Equal - whatever your active status' are" Then in Report Settings Click on Report Prompts Add prompt - "Project Users>>Name"

Level 10
Now, this isn't the prettiest, but if you created a filter for your designers, you could just use the Resource Grid but only open it one level instead of two. That shows you by designer what they are doing on each project (no tasks or issues). The other option is to use the report you have, but add a grouping for project and then maybe doing Min for Start Date and Max for Completion date (up to you) and then only look at the Summary tab. The issue with this is that Assigned To for a task only works for Task Owner. So if you had two designers on a task, it only appears for one of them. I'd recommend the assignment object type report but that doesn't have Project Name as a default grouping. Once you do a custom grouping, you can't use the summary tab anymore.

Level 2
Hi Karen Have you had any success? I am trying to create the same thing. One report that at a high level I can see all the projects, the status and who is assigned. Not so much concerned about the individual tasks. Any insight appreciated?

Level 2
I faced this same challenge but was fortunate in that all of our projects are based off of templates. While a designer may be assigned several tasks on a project, there is one consistent task name that I was able to queue off of. We have a task named “Design” (original, I know) where the bulk of their work occurs. If a project requires any design resources at all, at a minimum, it has this one consistent task. Therefore, I was able to create a task report using the task name as a filter. I then grouped the report by designer and week that the design task was due. Attached are screen shots of the report as well as the filters and groupings I used. We also use the resource grid for assignment purposes. Amy

Level 2
Hi There, This report view works for us - I can review it by Designer, how many projects they have on the go, the percentage complete, and condition. I can share the set up further if that's what you're looking for. Thanks, Wendy Wendy

Level 2
Thanks for responding. This looks helpful. Is this sorted by Project Owner or Designer? Definitely interested in any help you can provide so I can set this up. GISELA DELGADO EQUINOX | DIRECTOR, CREATIVE SERVICES 895 BROADWAY NEW YORK, NY 10003 T. 212.774.6371 EQUINOX.COM http://equinox.com #ItsNotFitnessItsLife [ http://media.equinox.com/Media/images/sites/marketingsite/EmailAssets/2014_EQX_EMPLOYEE_EMAIL_SIGNATURE.jpg] -----End Original Message----- ________________________________________ IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE. This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail, and any copies or printouts. PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL.

Level 2
Hi Amy this is handy and helpful. I too have a main task "DESIGN" - so no judgement. GISELA DELGADO EQUINOX | DIRECTOR, CREATIVE SERVICES 895 BROADWAY NEW YORK, NY 10003 T. 212.774.6371 EQUINOX.COM http://equinox.com #ItsNotFitnessItsLife [ http://media.equinox.com/Media/images/sites/marketingsite/EmailAssets/2014_EQX_EMPLOYEE_EMAIL_SIGNATURE.jpg] ________________________________

Level 2
For us, the designer is the Project Owner. The business partners is set up as the Project Sponsor. Here's a couple more screenshots to show how the report Columns and Filters are set up.

Level 2
Unfortunately our Designers are not Project Owners. They are assigned tasks as needed. I will try to see if I can take what you have done and tweak based on our usage. It does look like a very useful report. GISELA DELGADO EQUINOX | DIRECTOR, CREATIVE SERVICES 895 BROADWAY NEW YORK, NY 10003 T. 212.774.6371 EQUINOX.COM http://equinox.com #ItsNotFitnessItsLife [ http://media.equinox.com/Media/images/sites/marketingsite/EmailAssets/2014_EQX_EMPLOYEE_EMAIL_SIGNATURE.jpg] ________________________________

Level 2
That was my challenge too and why I had to resort to a Task report. Our designers are not Project Owners. Amy Thomas Director of Client Relations and Production Management Division of Strategic Communications Ball State University athomas@bsu.edu (765) 285-1490