Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Historical Data Field

Level 1
Hello, We are wanting to track data changes over time in regards to project evaluation. Right now we have a custom field on a project where we grade a project and we are wanting to see changes in that grade over time. Looks like custom fields will not trend or track changes. Anyone have other ideas how we could accomplish this without having to go and use Excel. Thanks!
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Brant. I'd suggest you create special type of Issue (I call them "SNAPs") to track that information over time. My Automatic Weekly Status Reporting blog post explains the concept in more detail. Regards, Doug

Level 1
Doug, Thanks for sharing. Is this something where you can plot values on the chart? So far I only see that I can plot counts of records that appear. Thanks, Brant

Level 7
Is there training for this? Is it in advanced reporting training? Thanks!

Level 4
Doug, I am having trouble visualizing what the actual output of this would be to understand if it would create value for our firm. Can you screenshot a couple of these things?

Level 10

You bet, Jason,

I'm attaching a screenshot of how we've implemented our SNAP Status reporting solution, and what you can then do from a trending perspective using that data. I should mention that Step 2 uses our "

http://store.atappstore.com/product/custom-submit/

">Overlay Custom Data solution to make it as easy as possible for the Project Managers to update their Project Level Status information (the "carrot" part); but you could use a custom list report in its place, too.

Since then, we also added a "

http://store.atappstore.com/product/magic-reports/

">Magic Report showing a row per Project (with a few key fields) along with a column for each SNAP status report, and used colors to highlight whether they were up to date, getting stale, or falling behind too. This would be the the "stick" part.

If you think it might be of use to your organization, I'd be happy to chat further offline at

doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug0690z000007ZkJ6AAK.png