Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Delete Calendar

Level 5

How do non-admin users delete a Calendar they have created? Within my account I have the ability to delete by going to Calendar Actions > Delete. However, none of our users have the option to delete from that menu.

I gave checked the access level settings and I have create & delete set for reports. I'm not sure what I am missing here.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Employee

Hi Kasey,

This one is interesting because according to this documentation article, it looks like if they "own" the calendar they should be able to delete it. I've asked the documentation team to take a look at that article and make any appropriate updates. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 2

Hi WF Team, just wondering if there are any updates on how to delete a calendar for a non-admin user. I too went into the user account access and selected edit/ allowed to delete reports and calendars. As an admin, I logged in as her and couldn't see the Delete option for this user. I logged off and tried it again and still Delete didn't display in her dropdown. These are her calendars, listed as Untitled, or labeled as Delete so she is the owner. Can you please let us know if this is a bug or if there is another fix?

Thank you,

Dawn Cejudo

Employee

Hi Dawn,

Based on what the documentation says, it sounds like it should be working for you. Before I can say for sure it's a bug though, our support team should probably take a look. Would you mind submitting a ticket?

Thank you!

Kyna

Level 2

HI Kyna,

I will place a ticket with the Support team

thank you

Community Advisor

I just noticed for one of my users they were unable to delete an EMPTY calendar so I have to ask. Does your calendar that you want to delete, have anything in it?

Once I put a random project on the calendar, my user was then able to delete the calendar.

Level 2

Skye, I loved this answer and I logged in as that user and added info to all the untitled calendars and thought we were on to something. It didn't work the delete option is still not showing up and yet it shows it on the documentation in WF One. I did upgrade her access to include deleting reports and calendars as well. I really appreciate your effort and I thought it was going to be resolved with your answer. Thank you again, have a great week.

Community Advisor

Ah, too bad Dawn. I was testing in both Classic and NWE and it appears to be working for my user now. I guess we'll have to shove it over to the helpdesk. The only other lame suggestion I have is for you to use an incognito window to make absolutely sure it's not browser caching issues, which... well, you know they're probably going to ask when you get it to the helpdesk!

Level 10

Hi Dawn,

I suggest those of us with The Means (API wonks and/or Fusion wizards) noodle out a backend call to delete rogue calendars as SysAdmin...assuming (although the UX doesn't seem to present such an option) that the API will allow the action. I won't have time for a few days myself, but propose that the first among us with working solution gets the kudos, whatever beverage-when-next-we-meet, and of course, whatever fantastic Title Of Honor they choose from among those the beneficiaries shower upon them.

Regards,

Doug