Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Date format change

Level 2
hi workfront community, hope everyone's well :)! Can someone please advise how the individual user can change the date format in workfront i.e. mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy. many thanks in advance. Clement Woo Canon Australia
5 Replies

Community Advisor
Hi Clement, The Workfront Locale settings for the system and user profiles are used primarily for outgoing e-mails, not display preferences. For a user to view WF dates in DD/MM/YY format, they will need to change the language setting of their browser . I'll let you google how that's done on a per browser basis. Switching the browser language to US (United Kingdom/Great Britain) shouldn't change much of the interface beyond the date format, but you may notice small differences in the spelling of certain terminology. I'm guessing US Australian will work as well. William English
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 10
Changing the locale settings will also change the Timesheet appearance. In the US our week starts on Sunday but if I remember correctly Europe's weeks start on Monday. Therefore the timesheet start will seem different. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 10
Hmm...I've found the timesheet layout to be affected by the browser language actually. UK English it starts on a Monday and Australian English it starts on a Sunday. David Cornwell

Level 2
Hi All. I'm using Firefox and find the timesheet start/end date to be unaffected after switching to UK-English. Dates within other views seems to be correct and with DD-MMM-YYYY format. Much easier than changing the format of each view, which is the only other option I can think of. Jeff Jeff Thell Bracket Global

Level 10
We use mainly Chrome and have to change data format in browser setting - making sure we've got English United Kingdom instead of States one. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD