Expand my Community achievements bar.

Date Field

Level 5
Hi reporting gurus, I'm trying to build a report- and I'd like to record a date- but only want the day and month- NOT the year. Is there a way to do that? It appears that the date option only lets you log day, month, year. For example- I'm working on a custom form for our users- and would like to include their birth day- only year and month tks! Karen
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
Hi (virtually, again) Karen! I'd suggest a combination of CONCAT, DAY, and MONTH in either a calculated parameter, or a calculated column. Regards, Doug

Level 5
Thanks Doug! That would be great if I new how to concatenate! LOL!

Level 10
Hi Karen. Here's everything you wanted to know about CONCAT (et al) but were afraid to ask, with which you could build something such as CONCAT(MONTH(Birthday),'/',DAY(Birthday)). Regards, Doug

Level 5
You're too good to me! I'm on my way to Seneca Falls, NY- this will be good reading material! Tks karen ________________________________

Level 10
I too, am trying to display the project planned start and planned completion dates as MM/DD. We also need this to export to Excel as MM/DD, and not converted to a number value (which is what happens if you use Value format shortAtDate). I'm trying the following valueexpression, but its not working. Any thoughts: displayname=Start On textmode=true valueexpression=CONCAT(Month({plannedStartDate}),'/',(Day({plannedStartDate})) valueformat=HTML I also tried this one: valueexpression=CONCAT(Month(plannedStartDate),'/',Day(plannedStartDate))

Level 10
I got it!! Its not Day, but rather DayofMonth CONCAT(MONTH({plannedCompletionDate}),"/",DAYOFMONTH({plannedCompletionDate}))

Level 2
Hello, The below works when the date comes from a project custom form (I wanted to display the month only). Any idea about how we can ask WF to say Jan, Feb etc. instead of 1,2,3 etc.? valueformat=HTML textmode=true valueexpression=CONCAT(MONTH({project}.{ DE: Name of your field })) displayname=Rev. month Thanks, Yannick