Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Dashboards Report: list reports in dashboards?

Level 2

Hi Workfront community!

I'm building a report that lists all our Dashboards, and I just wanted to list which Reports are on them for each row in the table. Is that even possible? I tried finding something that might sound like a collection of Reports in the API Explorer, but I don't see anything that seems to be it. Do you either 1) know what text mode to use to list reports on dashboard, or 2) how do you go about keeping track of what's in your Dashboards for instance cleanup?

Thanks ,

Laurence

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Laurence, 

In a dashboard report, the below textmode in a view column will display the reports contained in each dashboard: 

displayname=Reports
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(portalTabSections).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression={internalSection}.{name}
valueformat=HTML

To show which calendars are contained in a dashboard, a separate column is necessary: 

displayname=Calendars
listdelimiter=<br>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression={calendarPortalSection}
valueformat=HTML

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 5

You can sort of do this the other way around... 

If you create a report of Reports, you can add a column for what Dashboards a particular report is on. Its a collections column. The script for the column is:

link.linkproperty.0.name=ID
link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID
link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=val
link.lookup=link.view
link.value=val(objCode)
listdelimiter=<hr>
name=Dashboards
stretch=0
textmode=true
type=iterate
valuefield=portalTab:name
valueformat=HTML
width=300

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Laurence, 

In a dashboard report, the below textmode in a view column will display the reports contained in each dashboard: 

displayname=Reports
listdelimiter=<br>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression={internalSection}.{name}
valueformat=HTML

To show which calendars are contained in a dashboard, a separate column is necessary: 

displayname=Calendars
listdelimiter=<br>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression={calendarPortalSection}
valueformat=HTML

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Community Advisor

I always forget about calendars! Thanks for sharing this @William-- 

I'll add that you could use the basic share column code to combine these two lists into one report column.

SHARING COLUMNS: Merge multiple columns into a single column.

You can share the data from multiple columns to display it in one column, by adding a third column between them. The added middle column should have the following code in text mode:

value=<br>
valueformat=HTML
width=1
sharecol=true

You also have to add the following text to the left column:

sharecol=true

When sharing multiple columns (more than 2) start with the far right and work your way to the left

@MoniqueEvans I was too afraid to break it (can list columns be appended together?! I guess they can!), so I tried on a copy and was very pleased to see this work. I now have a really meaningful report of all our dashboards... now if only we had "last viewed" for dashboards like we have for reports! I tried using the same text as would've been on the Reports reporting, to no avail... but you know what, I'm that much closer to what I wanted to do and it's great already!

Hi @laurence_jayawardane

Until dashboards have a "last viewed" feature, I invite you to consider:

• making a dashboard report that retrieves the name of the dashboard of interest in column 1 and (optionally) the last run date of the report
  • saving the report as "Last Run Audit [Dashboard Name]"
  • adding the report (only) at the bottom of the dashboard (think "footer")

In this way, every time the dashboard is viewed, so is that Last Run Audit footer report, so you can (by proxy) infer the Last Run of the Dashboard.

Regards,

Doug

cc: note to self @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore 

Hi @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore, thanks for the tip!

I didn't quite get it (can you get the last run date of a dashboard report? what's that field called?), but I tried something close that I think will work well enough - I created a Reports report, with only the Dashboards and Last Viewed Date, then sorted by date & filtered out the recent ones.

I displayed it as a chart per year, and it's good enough for an instance cleanup overview... most dashboards show up 2+ times because of how many reports are in them, but that's ok. I was on the lookout for abandoned dashboards, and this does the trick really well.

So grateful for the time you take sharing your wisdom! I've used your solutions more than once now...

My pleasure @laurence_jayawardane,

I'm glad you were able to adapt it to get what you need.

Regards,

Doug