Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Custom Proofing Approval Report

Level 1

Hi WF Community, I want to create a proofing approval report with the following characteristics and don't know where to start. I've tried a few of my old tricks but they don't seem to work with this new report type. Any ideas on how I can accomplish these goals?

View (columns needed):

-Proof Name

-Proof Owner

-Proof Deadline Time Stamp

-Project/Task/Issue Name the Proof was generated in

-Link to the WF Project/Task/Issue the Proof was generated in (bonus if you can make the column above a clickable link and we can remove this column)

-Stage the Proof is In

-Comments Added when the Proof was Generated

Grouping:

-By Project Category (aka Project Type)

Filters:

-Only show proofs where the proof creator's home team ID = user's home team ID.

Additional Formatting:

-Conditional Red Text, Bold, Red Background on entire row if proof deadline is within an hour or past due

-Conditional Red Text, Bold, Red Background on entire row if document name contains "urgent" Christopher Wirth Stream Companies

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Level 10
This is just a comment that the Proof deadline (the last time I looked at it) is a text field, so hence not sortable by normal time-based constraints like a past-due time. -skye

Level 2

This will get you to display the project the proof is on:

displayname=Project Name

linkedname=documentVersion

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion

namekeyargkey.1=documentID

querysort=documentVersion:document:project:name

textmode=true valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:name

valueformat=HTML

Rob Lawrence Workfront

Level 10
I had a chat with someone in Proof this morning, and rumor is the Proof deadline text field is being changed to a date field for R19.1 -- just in case anyone is interested. Haven't had a chance to test it yet. -skye

Level 6
I don't suppose any of you have figured out how to get a link to the proof in a Proof Approval report column? Sean

Level 4
Hi @Rob Lawrence , could you also provide code for how to group proofs by Project? Thank you! Christine Zhu Chobani

Level 10
Hi - yeah, you can only go to the document in a proof approval report as the Proof URL is not stored in Workfront at the moment. I remember seeing something in the Idea Exchange about that, but I can't find it. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2

Hi @Christine Zhu ,

group.0.displayname=Project Name

group.0.linkedname=documentVersion

group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

group.0.namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion

group.0.namekeyargkey.1=documentID group.0.querysort=documentVersion:document:project:name

group.0.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:name

group.0.valueformat=HTML

textmode=true

Rob Lawrence Workfront

Level 10

Hi @Rob Lawrence , @Skye Hansen sent me to this thread, which has been helpful to get the project name pulled over. I tried your grouping trick (Post #8 above) however and it listed all of the proofs under a grouping called "Project Name: No Value"

Is there something I'm missing or has there been some sort of changes?

And actually, what would be ideal is grouping "by Project by Document Name"...

THANKS! Kevin Quosig

Level 2

Hi @Kevin Quosig , Looks like there was an issue with the value format, this should resolve it:

group.0.displayname=Project Name

group.0.linkedname=documentVersion

group.0.name=Project Name

group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

group.0.namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion

group.0.namekeyargkey.1=documentID group.0.querysort=documentVersion:document:project:name group.0.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:name

group.0.valueformat=string

textmode=true

Rob Lawrence Workfront

Level 2
try this for adding document name below: group.0.displayname=Project Name group.0.linkedname=documentVersion group.0.name=Project Name group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.0.namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion group.0.namekeyargkey.1=documentID group.0.querysort=documentVersion:document:project:name group.0.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:name group.0.valueformat=string group.1.descriptionkey=document.name group.1.link.linkproperty.0.name=ID group.1.link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=documentID group.1.link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=string group.1.link.lookup=link.view group.1.link.value=nested(documentVersion).nested(document).val(objCode) group.1.namekey=document.name group.1.querysort=documentVersion:document:name group.1.valuefield=documentVersion:document:name group.1.valueformat=HTML group.1.width=100 textmode=true Rob Lawrence Workfront

Level 10
My hat's off to you sir, that worked like a charm! Many happy Project Managers means a couple of happy admins. :-) Kevin Quosig

Level 4

Hi Christopher,

Did you ever figure out how to display a column for the Stage that the proof is currently in as opposed to "Active Proof Stages?"

CC: @Rob Lawrence -

Christine Zhu Brand Operations Systems Manager 200 Lafayette St, 6<sup>th</sup> Floor New York, NY 10012 chobani.com This email may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it from your system and advise the sender immediately. Chobani accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email, or for errors or omissions in content.