Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Issue Status Values Based on Custom Form

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

Does anyone know if it's possible to create custom Issue Status values (a list of them) that only appear on a specific Issue Custom Form?

For example:

• We have a custom form (Issue) called ABC Form
  • We want the following custom values to be present in the Status field on this form: A, B, C, D. These values are different than the standard Issue Status values that appear on all other issues records/forms, and we don't want to mix the new custom values with the standard values to create a long list of values.

Thanks,

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No. We usually suggest a custom status dropdown for "additional clarification" in the form itself that the working team can toggle through, and then reports that show this field side by side of the regular statuses. So if you think of regular statuses being New, In Progress, On Hold, Canceled, Complete, then change your request status to one of these, and if any "additional clarification statuses" are needed, they have a separate toggle for that. So you'll get combinations like In Progress -- Awaiting Approval. [I recommend you refer to our user group from last July on system maintenance for more on this topic]

In a limited fashion if you were to carefully configure a specific request type (see https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FAd... ) and work within those limitations, you might be able to set something up, but this is something that is pretty high maintenance and leads to problems when you try to add additional status sets to the equation. So I would just tell them no.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No. We usually suggest a custom status dropdown for "additional clarification" in the form itself that the working team can toggle through, and then reports that show this field side by side of the regular statuses. So if you think of regular statuses being New, In Progress, On Hold, Canceled, Complete, then change your request status to one of these, and if any "additional clarification statuses" are needed, they have a separate toggle for that. So you'll get combinations like In Progress -- Awaiting Approval. [I recommend you refer to our user group from last July on system maintenance for more on this topic]

In a limited fashion if you were to carefully configure a specific request type (see https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FAd... ) and work within those limitations, you might be able to set something up, but this is something that is pretty high maintenance and leads to problems when you try to add additional status sets to the equation. So I would just tell them no.

Level 10

Thanks, Skye. I was thinking the same, and believe we'll likely head in the direction of a custom Status field.