Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom grouping in Task Report combination of Role and User

Level 4

Hoping someone has an idea on this. I am trying to create a grouping in a task report by assigned user but i only want to group the assigned users of 2 particular job roles and they could be assigned as secondary.

Example: if a task has a primary assignment of a Sales role, and 2 other roles a designer and PM. This report is only for the PM group - so I want the tasks to be grouped under the PM name assigned to the task although they are a secondary assignee.

So thinking the grouping needs to incorporate the job role and the user name.

1st of grouping is: Actual Completion date by Month (this is done)

2nd level of grouping should be the job role of PM or IPM and the User name - but not grouping users with other roles

3rd level of grouping is a dynamic grouping (this is done)

It is the 2nd level that I can't think through.

Any help or ideas is appreciated!!!

Sherri

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Sherri - have you looked at an Assignment report instead? With an assignment report, if a task has three assignees, the task is listed three times. (While in a task report, you can only group by the Task Owner's info)

You can then filter Role ID = PM or IPM and not even have to worry about the other roles/assignments.

Attached is a report I showcased in the 2018 LEAP conference that might help you get started :)

Level 4

I was able to get the 2nd level grouping right with your suggestion above - Thanks!

But now a calculated column is now not showing - here is the text mode. Thinking either i need to add the task somehow since this is now on assignment report?

displayname=Week Day Difference - Complete

textmode=true

valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate})

valueformat=HTML

And I also have my 3rd level of grouping that is:

group.2.iscollapsed=true

group.2.valueexpression=IF(WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate})<-2,"Early >2 Days",IF(WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate})<3,"On Target: 0-2 Days",IF(WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate})>2,"Over Target: 3+ Days")))

That is also not working - do i need to somehow address this is starting at an assignment level and then get to the task?

Both worked in the task report.

Thanks Anthony!

Level 10

Hi - so you are on a different object type and need to reference the task now (since assignments are both on tasks and issues).

valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({task}.{plannedCompletionDate},{task}.{actualCompletionDate})

Same for the grouping. Just need to add {task} and a period in front of every field. :)

Level 4

This did it! Thanks so much for your help!!!

Sherri