Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom grouping in Task Report combination of Role and User

Level 4

Hoping someone has an idea on this. I am trying to create a grouping in a task report by assigned user but i only want to group the assigned users of 2 particular job roles and they could be assigned as secondary.

Example: if a task has a primary assignment of a Sales role, and 2 other roles a designer and PM. This report is only for the PM group - so I want the tasks to be grouped under the PM name assigned to the task although they are a secondary assignee.

So thinking the grouping needs to incorporate the job role and the user name.

1st of grouping is: Actual Completion date by Month (this is done)

2nd level of grouping should be the job role of PM or IPM and the User name - but not grouping users with other roles

3rd level of grouping is a dynamic grouping (this is done)

It is the 2nd level that I can't think through.

Any help or ideas is appreciated!!!

Sherri

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Sherri - have you looked at an Assignment report instead? With an assignment report, if a task has three assignees, the task is listed three times. (While in a task report, you can only group by the Task Owner's info)

You can then filter Role ID = PM or IPM and not even have to worry about the other roles/assignments.

Attached is a report I showcased in the 2018 LEAP conference that might help you get started :)

Level 4

I was able to get the 2nd level grouping right with your suggestion above - Thanks!

But now a calculated column is now not showing - here is the text mode. Thinking either i need to add the task somehow since this is now on assignment report?

displayname=Week Day Difference - Complete

textmode=true

valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate})

valueformat=HTML

And I also have my 3rd level of grouping that is:

group.2.iscollapsed=true

group.2.valueexpression=IF(WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate})<-2,"Early >2 Days",IF(WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate})<3,"On Target: 0-2 Days",IF(WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate})>2,"Over Target: 3+ Days")))

That is also not working - do i need to somehow address this is starting at an assignment level and then get to the task?

Both worked in the task report.

Thanks Anthony!

Level 10

Hi - so you are on a different object type and need to reference the task now (since assignments are both on tasks and issues).

valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({task}.{plannedCompletionDate},{task}.{actualCompletionDate})

Same for the grouping. Just need to add {task} and a period in front of every field. :)

Level 4

This did it! Thanks so much for your help!!!

Sherri