Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

custom forms don't carry over when converting an issue to a task

Level 2

I have a request (Issue) form and a Task form. But when i try to conver a request (Issue) to a task, the Custom form does not carry over. I'm sure I missing a set up step, but I'm not sure what it is. We have Projects set up with Project forms that carry over when converting a request (Issue) to a Project, but I am unable to determine what exactly makes that happen.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need to add the task custom form as you are converting the task, before you hit the Save Changes button. If the custom form isn't added before the task is converted, the fields won't copy over.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need to add the task custom form as you are converting the task, before you hit the Save Changes button. If the custom form isn't added before the task is converted, the fields won't copy over.

Level 2

Ok, I thought there was a way to set it up so it automatically adds the form. Thank you!

Community Advisor

I hear you! I was hoping if you had a custom task form attached to the project it would automatically attach to your converted request but this isn't how Workfront functionality currently works so... no, you will need to attach it every time, just like you need to attach a project template every time you convert to a project :)

Level 10

@Skye Hansen‚ , you are correct. We had the same challenge before. Now it is working. May be in future, this will be great if converting project give an option with name of same custom form as with submitted request also.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 3

Has anyone submitted this as an innovation idea? Cuz I agree, this would prevent people from having to do an extra step and/or forgetting it altogether!