Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Custom Expense Field on a Task Report

Level 4

Hi All,

Is it possible to get a custom expense field (at the project level) to display on a task report?  I've tried nesting it but I can't seem to figure how to get the data to jump to the task level/report.  All feedback is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Seth - If it lives on your project custom forms you can try this in a column on your report:

displayname=Call this whatever you like
textmode=true
valueexpression={project}.{DE:name of custom field}
valueformat=HTML

If it's an actual expense custom form - I'm afraid it might be too many jumps to make. Since you would have to go up to the project level and then back down to expenses. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Seth - If it lives on your project custom forms you can try this in a column on your report:

displayname=Call this whatever you like
textmode=true
valueexpression={project}.{DE:name of custom field}
valueformat=HTML

If it's an actual expense custom form - I'm afraid it might be too many jumps to make. Since you would have to go up to the project level and then back down to expenses. 

Level 4

That's what I've feared.  I hope they develop a workaround for this in the near future.

Community Advisor

Hi there, I'm betting it's possible with a calculated field (probably the number or currency field format is what you need). You could have the answer from your project custom form field automatically appear in tasks with your task custom form that call that project form field. Then you should be able to add the presence of an answer in this field in a task report (by custom form field name > is not blank). 

I've done this with a program custom form field that I wanted to show the answer to in projects with a certain custom form and my calculated field looks like this:

{programMM|program}.{DE:What category does this Program fall under?}

The DE/custom form field is my program form field. Happy to show you this on a call and see what we can figure out : )
If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

the custom fields I'm trying to extract from the expense form are dropdowns and text fields (five of them to be exact).  The issue I keep running into is that expenses and task aren't in a hierarchy together, which is why I believe I'm not able to make the jump via text mode. Was hoping someone had figured a way to navigate around it.