Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating a program of projects quickly

Level 9
Looking to see if anyone has any better ways out of the box with no custom integrations to do this below: Current process: A request comes in to Traffic Manager, is assessed and determined this is a new program of work. A program has a set list of assets with it and each asset is it's own individual project with unique templates for that asset type. A new program is created within the master portfolio The initial request is converted to a project (with the custom form brought over). A new custom form for the specific asset is attached and blank fields filled in. Project is copied for each specific asset to be created with this program. Template per asset type is added to each individual project (ie video vs social media vs brochure vs key visual) Projects assigned out via new resource scheduler to different teams. Is there any way to have a "template of projects" that you can attach to a program and it auto creates that group of projects with their individual templates attached? KIMBERLY REA Solutions Manager
3 Replies

Level 10
I would be looking at kickstarts to achieve that kind of thing, but I've never had to do that myself. -skye

Level 9
I've used kickstarts before but it's not that intuitive for users to be doing on a daily/weekly basis. If one character isn't correct, then the kickstart won't import. It's also admin only feature and these users don't have admin rights. KIMBERLY REA Marketing Operations

Level 10
Man... this is tough. As someone who has used kick-starts, I'm not a big fan. But you guys do seem to have a very good idea of what category ID (custom form) and template ID you need for each asset. Your issue will be the copying and pasting and filling in the Portfolio and Program IDs. I know you said you wanted out-of-the-box, but it might be worth it to have a freelance developer come in and do the quick call for you. It can create the program, the various projects, attach the custom form, and attach the template! I know it seems scary (we didn't use the API for 4 years, because we were scared), but finally started exploring it last year, and now have a bunch of processes to help automate things inside our own Workfront instance that we were manually doing (as well as integrate with other systems). Anthony Imgrund FCB