Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Create report for tasks with multiple users but show only with my incomplete tasks

Level 4
We often have tasks with multiple people assigned. How do we create a report that shows a user only those tasks for which they have not marked their status as done? Right now, our report shows every task for which someone hasn't mark it as complete but there's no way to tell who neglected to update their status, forcing everyone to click into the tasks individually to see if they were the person who forgot. As a result, each person might have a very long list of overdue tasks but they checked every one of them complete but a co-worker didn't. I've attached a screen shot of our existing overdue task report filters. So... How do we create a report or a filter that will only show overdue tasks for which I have not marked my status as complete while ignoring overdue tasks that I have completed but a co-worker hasn't? Any suggestions? Thanks! Chris Watson KVH Industries, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 3
Hi Chris, You might want to look into a Work Item report. This will break out each of the people assigned to a task and show you their completion status on that task. I believe you can then set up your filters in a similar manner to what you have now. Kathy

Level 4
Thanks, Kathy. That's got me going in the right direction. With filters applied, I've eliminated 120 tasks from my list compared to the original task report but it's still showing me some tasks that I've marked as complete but someone else hasn't. I'm going to need to delve into this more. I've not done much with the text mode editing and will have to see if I can figure that out because I'm not exactly sure what the canned Work Item Report coding is doing. I appreciate you pointing me in what might be the right direction. Chris Watson KVH Industries, Inc.

Level 7
Hi @Chris Watson I posted this the other day and got a helpful response from @Melinda Layten https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=549cdd... Hopefully this helps you too! Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 4

0690z000007ZiJnAAK.pngI tried the Work Event report but it didn't quite do what was needed. Instead, we ended using an Assignment report that allowed us to show just the tasks for which the individual user was assigned but had not closed along with the Task > Assignment and Status column to show exactly the where things stand. If I, as the user, am on the task assignment BUT have marked my part as complete, it won't show up on my report. Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Chris Watson KVH Industries, Inc.

Level 8
Hi Chris, So happy I came across your note because I think I'm looking for the same report. I want to filter out tasks assigned to multiple users when the user viewing their own report would not see the tasks they have marked "Done with my Part" or 100% complete, depending on how they go about marking off their tasks. I even put in a Workfront ticket and was told this wasn't possible. Let me know if you discover anything new as you dive in. For now I will look into the Work Item report! -Sydney Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.