Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Count of the amount of incomplete tasks in a project report?

Level 3

I have a project report which counts the amount of tasks in a project using:

displayname=# of Tasks

textmode=true

valuefield=totalTaskCount

valueformat=HTML

Is there a way I can add another column which will show the amount of incomplete tasks too?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Steven,

Not that I know of, but in case it’s Close Enough (and works; untested), you could replace your valuefield line with

valueexpression=ROUND(((1-{percentComplete})*{totalTaskCount}),0)

Regards,

Doug

‚Hi Doug.

I am afraid this comes out with some random data which I do not quite understand. There are lots of negative numbers in the result for example, but usually it still displays the total amount of tasks for the project, irrespective if they are complete or not.

Thank you for your attempt however!

Level 10

Ah: let's try that again, Steven (and this time, I've tested, as shown below).

What I overlooked initially was that Percent Complete is actually stored as an integer (e.g. 25) vs a decimal (e.g. 0.25), which is what led to the negative numbers you saw. So instead, the correct textmode for the (approximate) # of Open Tasks is as follows:

displayname=# of Open Tasks

textmode=true

valueexpression=ROUND(((1-({percentComplete}/100))*{totalTaskCount}),0)

valueformat=HTML

Regards,

Doug

0690z000008L9QkAAK.png

Level 7

Hi Doug,

Building on this clever idea, I've got a number of cases where my userbase have input tasks with 0 day durations and forgot to complete them. Since every other task is 100% complete, the math above flags there as being no missing tasks. Would there be any way to creatively tweak that math so it looked at the number of tasks where the Actual Completed Date was blank?

If it helps, I don't need a user-friendly display for the response. Just something an admin could look at and say 'Yes, we can batch close all of these projects at once.'

Katherine

Level 10

Glad you like it Katherine,

Excellent, subtle point. I invite you to try this version, which I just confirmed will ensure any Project missing even a single task (even one with with zero planned hours and zero duration) will detect and reveal such Stragglers:

displayname=# of Open Tasks

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),IF({percentComplete}=100,"Stragglers",ROUND(((1-({percentComplete}/100))*{totalTaskCount}),0)),0)

valueformat=HTML

Regards,

Doug

@Doug Den Hoed‚ You're a lifesaver! I thank you, though my Account team may be less fond. :)